enery8

Free Member
Oct 11, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
FFB Tabbert Classic 660
Exp
towing for 20 odd years but now have our first motorhome.
Been offered a Pilote R800S as a deal for my Range Rover and wondered if anyone has any comments, advice etc. Talbot based? Not seen any photos yet but just looking for comments positive and negative.:Smile:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Talbot base means around 1990 ish worth around 7 to 9 k ish depending on condition -very rough idea but how much is RR worth?
All depends on codition of the van really, I quite like Pilots :Smile:some ask as much as 12 to 14k but no idea if they get that amount ::bigsmile:
Terry

OP
OP
enery8

enery8

Free Member
Oct 11, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
FFB Tabbert Classic 660
Exp
towing for 20 odd years but now have our first motorhome.
Talbot base means around 1990 ish worth around 7 to 9 k ish depending on condition -very rough idea but how much is RR worth?
All depends on codition of the van really, I quite like Pilots :Smile:some ask as much as 12 to 14k but no idea if they get that amount ::bigsmile:
Terry

Hi Terry and thank you for your reply. Haven't seen the van yet but owner is going to send some photos. Says he has friends near Paignton so if we are interested he would take the trip down from Knutsford to visit and show us the van. I had been advised against Talbot based but not given a reason:Doh:
Anyway, just waiting to see the photos.:thumb:
Thanks again
Bill

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
This was a 1991 R800s pilot from one of our Members ....peter ...John Cross motorhomes

Link Removed

Last edited:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Terry and thank you for your reply. Haven't seen the van yet but owner is going to send some photos. Says he has friends near Paignton so if we are interested he would take the trip down from Knutsford to visit and show us the van. I had been advised against Talbot based but not given a reason:Doh:
Anyway, just waiting to see the photos.:thumb:
Thanks again
Bill

Talbot are basically pug, cit,:thumb: base spares are getting rarer but you can still get them or subtitute with a little know how from the pug, cit,even fiat stable
Have a look at the good starter vans thread -posted a very good van today but LHD but would last yrs for 6k ish
terry
edit Link Removed don't think they will swop for thre RR

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
It's a good SOLID Professionally built Quality Van, Solid Timber Doors to cabinets, Drop down Bed, built like a tank, I had an R750 (which is about a foot shorter) I only got rid because I needed Power Steering, one of the worst decisions I have made in recent years:Sad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back