DumfriesDik

Free Member
Nov 22, 2020
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
We have a small 'crack' around the plug of the shower tray - is it possible to buy just a new tray or will I need a whole new motorhome?!

Has anyone been to the Pilote factory, is it worth planing a visit? I know its closed just now - but so am I!

Also, the seat behind the drivers seat has some electronics in it. At the base of the seat are some vents and they blow cold air. Is it safe to block them off this time of year? We are only sitting in the van on the drive, but the poor wee mutt gets the cold air.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
The shower can be coated which will probably be cheaper and easier, we used a mobile guy from Livingston for a previous van. The company is Speedy coat and give good warranty, on that subject have you contacted the seller assuming it wasn’t a private sale.

Jan 28, 2016
Stockport, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bravaria i740 AClass
We used speedcoat very pleased with the finish. Think it is a franchised business, we used a chap from northwales. I would think sppedcoat much cheaper than a replacement. Ring Ian at Oakwell Motorhomes he is good for Bavaria parts same as Pilote he might help.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 17, 2016
Malvern
Funster No
MH
Hymer B525 2006 A cl
Exp
Are the vents in the base of the habitation seats connected to the Truma heater?. They shouldn't blow cold air especially if the heating is on. If they just vent to the outside then probably fine to block them off in this weather.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Are the vents in the base of the habitation seats connected to the Truma heater?. They shouldn't blow cold air especially if the heating is on. If they just vent to the outside then probably fine to block them off in this weather.

The vents under the seats are probably furthest from the heater and take longer to warm up have you left it on long enough?
I think although I may be wrong he means the vents in the plastic covering under the seats and not heating vents, my first though was a fan on the charger or another electrical bit of equipment.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 23, 2020
Scotland Central
Funster No
MH
A Class Pilote
Exp
Since 2014
hi, fyi
we have a 2004 pilote galaxy.
Behind our drivers seat - below the table is a habitation heater - electrically driven with a heat source connected to the cab heating / engine syst. Its fan can be switched on or off with heat control on a slider control.

In our van this has nothing to do with the trauma system and is NOT associated with it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back