Pilote P696D idMEDIA (1 Viewer)

Jun 27, 2012
leyland lancs
Funster No
MH
on order
Exp
im a newbie
Loving our new Pilote but no idea how to work the idmedia radio! It has sat nav but must need something linking to make it work! We both have apple phones if anyone can point us in the right direction please.

May 1, 2015
Caerphilly
Funster No
MH
Rapido C86 Auto
Exp
Since 2014
Satnav is installed as standard on the iDmedia unit but you have to pay extra for the maps.

You can also install android based satnav apps.

Patrick

OP
OP
C
Jun 27, 2012
leyland lancs
Funster No
MH
on order
Exp
im a newbie
Thanks for your reply, on their website it does say the following:-
RADIO NAVIGATION

Thanks to idMEDIA Radio Navigation systems, obtain a perfect integration of the multimedia system in your motorhomes, associated with the latest functionalities. They offer plenty of multimedia options, including Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility . You also get top-of-the-range sound quality and sound adjustments with this equalizer system.

but I have no clue as to how it all works.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2020
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
New to motorhomes, had a camper van before this.
Are you expecting CarPlay to work over Bluetooth? CarPlay only works in our car if you plug it in with a USB cable. Try plugging it in and see whether the unit in the car responds in any way.

OP
OP
C
Jun 27, 2012
leyland lancs
Funster No
MH
on order
Exp
im a newbie
No manual supplied, If I could find the socket I would try it, it's so very frustrating! I am pretty good at following instructions but in the dark with this one!

May 1, 2015
Caerphilly
Funster No
MH
Rapido C86 Auto
Exp
Since 2014
The USB ports are in the glovebox on the TOP of the dashboard, strange place I know.
I will PM you a user manual for the radio

Patrick

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
The USB ports are in the glovebox on the TOP of the dashboard, strange place I know.
I will PM you a user manual for the radio

Patrick
Oh please may I have the user manual too . We have no sat nav only radio and reversing camera . Can do the reversible camera easy lol But getting a programme on the radio and locking it in impossible !

Martinen

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696D
Oh please may I have the user manual too . We have no sat nav only radio and reversing camera . Can do the reversible camera easy lol But getting a programme on the radio and locking it in impossible !
I have just purchased a Pilote P676D 2020 model here in france and like you have no user manual. Would be very grateful if you could please email me a copy of what you have. I have managed to find a manual online but it is not quite the correct manual. In addition to the date/month/year and the time shown in the top left square box I also have the actual day showing but the manual doesn’t cover how to change the day. My email address is neilmartin95@gmail.com. Thanks very for your help.

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
I have just purchased a Pilote P676D 2020 model here in france and like you have no user manual. Would be very grateful if you could please email me a copy of what you have. I have managed to find a manual online but it is not quite the correct manual. In addition to the date/month/year and the time shown in the top left square box I also have the actual day showing but the manual doesn’t cover how to change the day. My email address is neilmartin95@gmail.com. Thanks very for your help.
We still have no manual and to add to that the speaker driver side doesn’t work , only crackles very noisily !
But when we go to get the speaker replaced will get them to go through how to use it properly ! So will message you any info we get lol If we can remember if course !!!

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Have just sent you by e mail the manual that Lyrick sent me !
I totally forgot I had it so also thanks for reminding me lol

Martinen

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696D
Many thanks. I also noticed that the driver side speaker does not appear to work. Will let you know if I get any useful info.

Martinen

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696D
thanks for your email but unfortunately the file was not attached to the email. Could you please resend. I have also managed to find the immediate manual on the internet and after looking at the issue about speaker volumes you can reset the balance but am not able to attach the link from where I have saved the document so will separately email this to you.

OP
OP
C
Jun 27, 2012
leyland lancs
Funster No
MH
on order
Exp
im a newbie
I gave up in the end and bought a unit with satnav built in, its excellent and sound is so much better.

MohoNick

Free Member
Aug 23, 2021
Funster No
MH
C Class

Riftzoner

Free Member
Feb 17, 2021
Whitby Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696D
Exp
You have to download the Zlink app from either apple store or play store onto your phone (depending on your mobile phones particular poison) then plug your phone in via one of the two fly leads in the top dash glovebox. Only one will work as the other is for the Satnav dongle. There’s no identification on them, so it’s trial & error. The app feedback for Zlink is less than positive at 1 star (most say they would give it less if they could!). You then have to search on your Bluetooth for the idmedia & link it To your phone, this will then allow you to link the idmedia to your phone once you on click Zlink button on the screen of the idmedia screen. This then tends to take primacy if you’re not careful. I have a Samsung and the Bluetooth symbol goes red (weird). Bear in mind any incoming calls will go to the vehicle speakers and not your phone. A bit of a worry if you want the call to remain private and not be heard by the whole site as it tends to be very loud until you adjust the volume.
Considering that the flying usb leads appear to be like an traditional auxiliary input you can’t drive an iPod, iPad or MP3 player. Pretty rubbish really.
I meant to say when you’ve successfully linked your phone to Zlink click on the Zlink button in the menu screen and you’ll see several app‘s have populated you system (These could depend what you already have on your phone) we found Waize, bbc sounds, google weather and Amazon music (Amazon music won’t link ?) Remember these are using your Phone data quota!
I’ve also found on ours the DAB and FM are pretty useless outside a heavily populated area where the signal is rich. The FM auto frequency lock (AF) also doesn’t or refuses to lock onto a signal when selected.
Don’t bother with the Sat Nav, apart from being very expensive it requires regular updates which are equally expensive.
I’d be very grateful if anyone on MF who has mastered this system could provide some significant tuition as its very frustrating poking around in the dark!
Ive tried the Dealer who couldn’t really help and the only tutorials I can find on YouTube are in French. The online idmedia instruction manual is written in English (but not as we know it!) and makes no sense.
I’ve yet to hear of anyone‘s brand new vehicle coming with a idmedia instruct manual? Ours certainly didn’t.
I've also tried to find “grid line” guide settings for the camera as they are sometimes hidden in the darkest depths of the menu but I fear that this is not an option?

johnb0y

Free Member
Oct 21, 2021
Funster No
MH
pilote
Riftzoner, same here. Guidelines must be very well hidden!!
Seems bit of a rubbish system to me DAB rubbish and Radio wont stay tuned nor picks up a great signal, disappointed really

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
Yes same here FM just about ok and DAB useless unless parked up and again no manual use Garmin instead

OP
OP
C
Jun 27, 2012
leyland lancs
Funster No
MH
on order
Exp
im a newbie
Yes I still have the old unit, I was planning on putting back in if I ever sold it

Oct 25, 2018
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740FC
Exp
14 years
I have a Pilote 740 and have the same issues with the ID media player, the driver's side speaker is intermittent and the DAB does not work at all. Could anyone give me instructions on how to replace the unit and recommend a replacement that still has the reverse camera feature. Would be grateful of any advice.

Riftzoner

Free Member
Feb 17, 2021
Whitby Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696D
Exp
I have a Pilote 740 and have the same issues with the ID media player, the driver's side speaker is intermittent and the DAB does not work at all. Could anyone give me instructions on how to replace the unit and recommend a replacement that still has the reverse camera feature. Would be grateful of any advice.
Yep, the idmedia is not very good but with perseverance I’ve managed to get ours to link with the Android version of CarPlay.
The majority of the signal issues are caused by the way that the Aerial has been fitted (poor or non existent ground earthing) & whether it’s the updated version of the Aerial with the inbuilt DAB booster? Your dealer will be able to assist with a warranty replacement if it’s of the old variety). Personally I think it would be helpful if Pilote provided proper meaningful (as well as understandable) operating instructions, IMO half the problems would be sorted as it’s not an easy piece of kit to find your way around linked to the fact it’s not exactly a premium piece of kit (read cheap rubbish). Add to that, the fact that the French have absolutely zero interest in DAB being completely ambivalent about the whole concept & you‘ve got the perfect scenario for customer dissatisfaction. As of 2022 Pilote are going to be fitting a Pioneer Infotainment units instead of the idmedia & from what I’ve heard the dealers have already been made aware of this, it maybe worth checking with your local dealer to find out which model it is. You can be sure of one thing if it’s a Pioneer it’s going to be pretty good 👍
Now wouldn’t it be nice for all of us unfortunates who’ve been left saddled with the idmedia unit, for Pilote to offer (if not a straight replacement under warranty) at the very least a cost price no profit replacement deal🤔😉 Just saying!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back