Pilote G740 C (1 Viewer)

Jan 20, 2019
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740
Exp
Since 2019
We are contemplating one of these does anyone own one? Happy with it?
We currently own a Pilote 716 ( and very happy with the quality) but fancy something a little bigger with a fixed bed.

thanks in advance for any feed back good or bad.

May 14, 2014
Funster No
MH
Now a little one
Had a 2016 sensation spec one for 3 years and only changed because we moved house and could not store at home.

Spent 6 months of the year away in it for the first two years and then lived in it full time for the third year when we were between houses.

It was very well built and had no problems at all in the 3 years and got a cracking price for it when we downsized to a 6m coach-built.

Really comfortable lounge, good size island bed and ability to make a dressing room midships in the shower/WC area.

Good size garage, plenty of storage and excellent payload if on Fiat camper maxi chassis.

Would I have another one, definitely yes.

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
As Sasbo has mentioned above go for the fiat heavy chassis and not the 3.5T setup.

Pilote don't include a driver in the MIRO figure so from the 500Kg+ payload stated in the brochure then you'll need to take the driver and any passengers weights from that.

You'll also need to remove the weight of the oven, carpets, DRLs, TV, aerial, UK Pack, awning, radio and rear CCTV, solar, extra gas, water and even the drop down bed is annoated as an extra and will remove a further 100+kg from the brochures payload figure.

You can see where this is going so don't buy the 3.5T chassis.

Otherwise I would have a Pilote all day long. Great vans.

All the best,

Andrew

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
P.S. The 2016 and 2017 models were very well put together inside but for MY18 and beyond they attempted to reduce the weight of their vans and by doing so you may now see a few minor build quality differences in the new models to your older Pilote, i.e. some of the interior bits are a tad more flimsy.

Not a deal breaker but your model will have heavier materials in places than the new stuff.

OP
OP
AG 2602
Jan 20, 2019
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740
Exp
Since 2019
Quick update we have decided to go for the van after getting (what I believe) to be a fair PX price on ours.
After a great deal of help from Steven (Blue Knight)who advised on pay load we managed to get the dealer to fit rear suspension air bags in order to up plate to 3.850t. This should give us all the pay load we need. Steven many thanks mate for your help it’s greatly appreciated.

We collect on 9th April so we are very excited👍😂

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Quick update we have decided to go for the van after getting (what I believe) to be a fair PX price on ours.
After a great deal of help from Steven (Blue Knight)who advised on pay load we managed to get the dealer to fit rear suspension air bags in order to up plate to 3.850t. This should give us all the pay load we need. Steven many thanks mate for your help it’s greatly appreciated.

We collect on 9th April so we are very excited👍😂

Steven sounds like a top bloke to me ::bigsmile:

You've got a cracking van there Adrian.

All the best mate,

Steve, ..............cough

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
AG 2602
Jan 20, 2019
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740
Exp
Since 2019
Steven sounds like a top bloke to me ::bigsmile:

You've got a cracking van there Adrian.

All the best mate,

Steve, ..............cough
Ha ha very funny!!:LOL:
l’ll be honest Steve has got a nice ring to it maybe you should consider a change?

All the best Andrew appreciate the help mate I owe you a beer or two!👍

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back