Pilote chassis / body construction (1 Viewer)

Apr 20, 2017
Wirksworth, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
Exp
Since 2006
Still searching for the right replacement van...
I am now turning my attention to a small A-class. I have seen a potential 2011 model Pilote for sale.
Before arranging to view, I have been trying to find out what chassis type it has and something about the body construction.
I am finding this information difficult to get for almost everything I have considered, not just Pilote. There's always info about how many cup holders a vehicle has, or if it has heated mirrors, but not the really important stuff!

Can anyone enlighten me re: Pilote, please?

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Can I suggest you put a link to the actual vehicle. The chassis question should be easy enough to answer body construction might need a bit more research.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
You will need to give a bit more information to get chassis details, as for body construction the current stuff is certainly on the internet and easily found but older might take a bit more searching.

Sorry I am on my phone and running low on data otherwise I would have a look for you.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Sandie
Apr 20, 2017
Wirksworth, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
Exp
Since 2006
Really interesting video, jonegood. It was a surprise to see that they built most of the internals before they fit the sides and roof, but I guess that makes sense.

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Really interesting video, jonegood. It was a surprise to see that they built most of the internals before they fit the sides and roof, but I guess that makes sense.
That’s how Autotrails are made, the furniture holds the van together.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Pilote are generally seen to be a quality van and like most other manufacturers tend to use Mercedes and Fiat chassis' both of which have been tried and tested over a long period of time.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Most vans are built inside first and the boxed in.

Martin

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back