Free Member
Aug 3, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
8 years
Looking for a newer motorhome has anyone got any views on pilote aventura p 670 looking at 08 09 year tried to search for reviews without much luck thanks

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
It's really nice when you cannot find anything. Unlike others where there are pages of complaints. Build quality on our 2015 P716 is far better than the Swift it has replaced.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Well, we looked at a few and decided we really liked the Pilote Reference G690. Before deciding to buy, googled Pilote problems and also similar for the dealer and came up with zilch. That was in 2014. We have had very few issues at all with the van - very pleased with it, so I would say that provided that it is well looked after (usual checks etc) and the layout and price you want then you should be pleased with it....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Rick

Free Member
Jun 19, 2014
Chester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Oooo, hate to tell you this but we have a 2014 Pilote G600 & the build quality is appalling

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
We have a 2013 Reference p716 just had its third habitation check today absolutely faultless as it has been since new.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Oooo, hate to tell you this but we have a 2014 Pilote G600 & the build quality is appalling
That is interesting..... We had a couple of minor gribbles and an annoying squeak from the drop down bed all of which were very easily fixed. Due its second hab check in a couple of weeks.

Without being too specific, or in a PM conversation I would be very interested to see what went wrong. Thanks

Rick

Free Member
Jun 19, 2014
Chester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Extracts of an email sent to UK Agent for Group Pilote, last year.
Only answers so far:
'Pilote has established itself to be the best French motorhome manufacturer' & he will respond to my email 'given the constraints of time'
Design Faults
The habitation door stay is mounted too close to the door hinge, therefore it does not hold the door open.
The gas bottle storage locker fills with spray when the vehicle is driven in wet weather. This has caused the Gaslow bottles fitted to corrode.
The heating duct that runs to the offside cab outlet is both not insulated and is around 6 metres long. This means that the air is cold by the time it reaches the vent.
The bed is noisy, when simply turning over during the night.

Assembly Faults
The habitation door window leaked.
The near side radio speaker wire was cut, so no radio.
The cab front to sidewall joints do not appear to be sealed, this allows outside air to blow through the dashboard & blind area.
There is inadequate draught proofing in front of the dash.
The fresh water tank was not secured in the under seat locker, allowing it to move.
I discovered this when I had to remove the tank, in order to access the heating ducts. These had been fitted without retaining clips & had come apart, thus the heating the fresh water tank & little else.
The water pump is fitted in too high a position, the seat base presses down on the pump when this seat is occupied.
The dashboard and blinds make a considerable amount of 'clicking noise' when the vehicle is driven. Fixing this remains a long tedious work in progress.
Heater compartment. Whoever fitted the heater positioned it so that it rubbed against both the locker door and the furniture board in the rear left hand side of the compartment. The boiler gas supply pipe was poorly positioned, hard against the sink waste pipe, after several weeks of ownership the sink waste pipe came apart, fortunately I spotted this before the underfloor compartment of the van flooded.
Shower tray has cracked & replaced under warranty.
Hob top enamel has cracked, Thetford refuse to replace it.

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
I have seen a nice one in a car dealers in Wigan 2011 model,
ÂŁ39995 Pilote Aventura 680 20 thousand miles on clock lots of extras fitted.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Extracts of an email sent to UK Agent for Group Pilote, last year.
Only answers so far:
'Pilote has established itself to be the best French motorhome manufacturer' & he will respond to my email 'given the constraints of time'
Design Faults
The habitation door stay is mounted too close to the door hinge, therefore it does not hold the door open.
The gas bottle storage locker fills with spray when the vehicle is driven in wet weather. This has caused the Gaslow bottles fitted to corrode.
The heating duct that runs to the offside cab outlet is both not insulated and is around 6 metres long. This means that the air is cold by the time it reaches the vent.
The bed is noisy, when simply turning over during the night.

Assembly Faults
The habitation door window leaked.
The near side radio speaker wire was cut, so no radio.
The cab front to sidewall joints do not appear to be sealed, this allows outside air to blow through the dashboard & blind area.
There is inadequate draught proofing in front of the dash.
The fresh water tank was not secured in the under seat locker, allowing it to move.
I discovered this when I had to remove the tank, in order to access the heating ducts. These had been fitted without retaining clips & had come apart, thus the heating the fresh water tank & little else.
The water pump is fitted in too high a position, the seat base presses down on the pump when this seat is occupied.
The dashboard and blinds make a considerable amount of 'clicking noise' when the vehicle is driven. Fixing this remains a long tedious work in progress.
Heater compartment. Whoever fitted the heater positioned it so that it rubbed against both the locker door and the furniture board in the rear left hand side of the compartment. The boiler gas supply pipe was poorly positioned, hard against the sink waste pipe, after several weeks of ownership the sink waste pipe came apart, fortunately I spotted this before the underfloor compartment of the van flooded.
Shower tray has cracked & replaced under warranty.
Hob top enamel has cracked, Thetford refuse to replace it.
That doesn't look good - the only fault similar to the above is the creaky bed which took me about 30 seconds to fix with some lithium grease. Hasn't made a sound since. The hab door has been known to come unstayed but it hasn't presented a problem.

No abnormal draughts up front or noises either. The water tank doesn't move as I tried today when wiping out the inside. You must have had a vendredi apres midi vehicle and hope you get it fixed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back