Piggin MH locked me out, This is a bit long (1 Viewer)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
No worries...... so far (touch wood) we haven't had any problems. If it's a low amp hook up I'm okay for a night or two but the Drake will die in his sleep so he takes priority.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
No worries...... so far (touch wood) we haven't had any problems. If it's a low amp hook up I'm okay for a night or two but the Drake will die in his sleep so he takes priority.
What's the ampage draw on your equipment?

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I think his machine draws 5.5 amps running on basic, more if the heater is needed of course. There is no 12v adaptor available - it has been withdrawn from the market after a lawsuit following fire in the USA. A universal won't fit (n)
So you could get away with an inverter for a short time, in an emergency?

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
So you could get away with an inverter for a short time, in an emergency?

Yes, but it contravenes the agreement for the loan of the machine...... also the inverter needs to be be pure sine wave. At home the electric company have us as a priority customer in the case of power cuts.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Yes, but it contravenes the agreement for the loan of the machine...... also the inverter needs to be be pure sine wave. At home the electric company have us as a priority customer in the case of power cuts.
Pure sine wave inverters are available.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
whereru

whereru

Free Member
Jun 16, 2014
Paignton, Devon
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
Thanks for all replies, had a problem getting a spare key cut but a nice young man at Timpsons managed to cut one for me, It helped that I had the MH with me so I could try if the blank fit into the lock before he cut it, also able to try the key before I left. I can either hide it on the van or put it round my neck every time I go out, the only worry is with my memory will I forget to put the thing round my neck or forget where I hide the bloody thing,

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
i am in the same position but got permission from the consultant to have a backup battery unit fitted. if the power fails, i am good for 3 ish hours once i silence the alarm. obviously the heater will go off though
the hospital technician actually suggested an inverter as a short term fix, so they cant be a totally banned item. the 12v backup that has been withdrawn was little more than a battery and a voltage stabiliser

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Just been reading your story.......and it sounds like the warden had padlocked the barrier. She knew you were coming back and shouldn't have put the padlock on, as others have said what would have happened in an emergency?
I would complain to the CC head office, they have too many "little hitlers" employed on sites now, we have had many a "run-in" with them. They seem to forget who pays their wages.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Thanks for all replies, had a problem getting a spare key cut but a nice young man at Timpsons managed to cut one for me, It helped that I had the MH with me so I could try if the blank fit into the lock before he cut it, also able to try the key before I left. I can either hide it on the van or put it round my neck every time I go out, the only worry is with my memory will I forget to put the thing round my neck or forget where I hide the bloody thing,

Hubby has just said to me that I should always make sure I've got our spare set in my handbag when we go out. I would probably have trouble remembering which bag the spare keys were in too.
I have "form" when it comes to keys, a similar thing happened to me when in Edinburgh for the weekend with a friend.......it's a rather long story, but suffice to say we both had to knock the owner up at 2 am in the morning after going our separate ways. My friend knocked the owner up knowing I had the keys to the B&B, I also knocked the door shortly after this because I thought she had them. A slight argument followed after this and I was really embarrassed to find the keys were in my handbag all the time:oops:

Margaret:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back