Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
I wish I hadn't looked at this thread:doh:.......after seeing this & reading reviews we've just been to look at one.(me, nosey???:Eeek:?)....and it is really lovely - exactly what we'd like:)
.......would have to save up lots of pennies though, the dealer said all this years build are sold & the next build has a 6/7% price increase:confused:
....that or a lottery win:emo:
It sure did tick a lot of our boxes and we were pleased to be able to secure one from a local dealer for June/July delivery.

I'm aware that Southdownmotorhomes has one coming into stock for July, although not sure whether this has now been sold?

The price increase is due to fiat introducing their euro 6 engine.

OP
OP
Floydster

Floydster

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 21, 2013
Where ever I lay my hat
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A lifetime
We're in the Forest now so Internet is patchy. @Debs we spent so much more than we planned but the van ticked so many boxes that we thought sod it lets do it :).

@Hellski vanbitz is fitting a Growler, B2B, battery master, battery monitor and an Alden Phenix tracker solar panel (y)

All reports back about Dylan are positive, just finding homes for everything and sorting out stuff (y)

The other thing with next years models is they are dropping the 3 litre engine, so glad we went for the new van this year.

Will look into an underslung gas tank as well.

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
We're in the Forest now so Internet is patchy. @Debs we spent so much more than we planned but the van ticked so many boxes that we thought sod it lets do it :).

@Hellski vanbitz is fitting a Growler, B2B, battery master, battery monitor and an Alden Phenix tracker solar panel (y)

All reports back about Dylan are positive, just finding homes for everything and sorting out stuff (y)

The other thing with next years models is they are dropping the 3 litre engine, so glad we went for the new van this year.

Will look into an underslung gas tank as well.

Thanks for the info. I will be interested to see the location of the solar panel once fitted and your results of the system in use, as this is something I'm also considering.

In regards to gas, I'm currently considering 1 x 11kg Gaslow system so will be interested to hear of your findings in an underslung gas tank.

Enjoy your trip and at least the sun is shining(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Floydster

Floydster

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 21, 2013
Where ever I lay my hat
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A lifetime
We wanted 2x100w panels fitted but Burstner said they could only fit one so we told them not to bother, I had a look around and came up with the Alden which in theory should provide more than 2x100w static panels.
Our old van had 400w and 450ah batterys so we'll need to adjust a bit.

OP
OP
Floydster

Floydster

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 21, 2013
Where ever I lay my hat
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A lifetime
Floyd's happy with his new van!
20160511_130912.jpg
We're parked up at Cornish Farm ready for Vanbitz to do their thing tomorrow and Wednesday.
We're parked next to fellow funsters big bertha.

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Lovely photo and nice to meet you both. Hope you don't too wet today.

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
Floyd looks very happy and so he should.

I see you have the console holder deployed, are you using that for an iPad or similar with Sat Nav app and strange question, but do you have the passenger airbag option?

How are you finding the habitation area for rattles?

Sorry for all the questions:blusher:

OP
OP
Floydster

Floydster

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 21, 2013
Where ever I lay my hat
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A lifetime
I see you have the console holder deployed, are you using that for an iPad or similar with Sat Nav app and strange question, but do you have the passenger airbag option?

How are you finding the habitation area for rattles?

I'm trying my Note 3 with Copilot.

Yes the passenger airbag was included in one of the pack options we went for.

It has been surprisingly quiet considering the speed that everything was thrown in to get away, once i'd fitted the SOG and Nature pure on the Tuesday we were heading for Setthorns by Wednesday lunchtime:D

Had a bit of a panic at Vanbitz today when we were told the Alden solar wouldn't fit, but with a bit of fiddling and adaption to the extractor fan chimney we're back on track(y)
There's not a lot of spare real estate on the roof.

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
I'm trying my Note 3 with Copilot.

Yes the passenger airbag was included in one of the pack options we went for.

It has been surprisingly quiet considering the speed that everything was thrown in to get away, once i'd fitted the SOG and Nature pure on the Tuesday we were heading for Setthorns by Wednesday lunchtime:D

Had a bit of a panic at Vanbitz today when we were told the Alden solar wouldn't fit, but with a bit of fiddling and adaption to the extractor fan chimney we're back on track(y)
There's not a lot of spare real estate on the roof.

Thanks for the info on the centre console as this is what I've planned to do, but had feared that the passenger airbag option meant that the holder was deleted.

I'm not too good with rattles in vehicles but have told myself I'll have to get used to them, but good to know that they won't be too bad(y)

I've wondered how much space there is on the roof and haven't as yet been able to find a picture online. I've also gone for the extractor fan option so looks as though I'll have the same problem with space!

Thanks again for the info.

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
Lovely van, didn't realise they did them in pink. I got hubby the beetle and would have got myself the pink camper....going to look for one now

Sorry, the burstner is lovely too :D

Feb 14, 2014
Ainsworth, Bolton, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2011
Hi guys hope you are as happy with your van as we are with ours
been away in it 4 times already and can't fault it.
Alde is superb and glad we listened to all the funsters who recommended it to us.
No rattles in habitation area and drop down bed really comfortable, :dance2::dance2:

Gary and Janet

OP
OP
Floydster

Floydster

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 21, 2013
Where ever I lay my hat
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A lifetime
Hi guys hope you are as happy with your van as we are with ours

The van has exceeded our expectations, so much storage (just got to organise the garage a bit) and the couple of areas we had reservations about have actually worked out really well.

Glad to hear you're as happy with yours too, agree with your comments re heating.(y)

OP
OP
Floydster

Floydster

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 21, 2013
Where ever I lay my hat
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A lifetime
@Hellski here's a picture of our roof. The Alden panel was a very tight fit to get it on, Vanbitz fitted it but i've had to modify the chimney for the extractor hood so the panel clears it ( lucky i've got a lathe) otherwise it was going to be a slimline 100w static panel that wouldn't have given us what we wanted.
20160521_124821.jpg
20160521_122817.jpg

I hacksawed the stack, shortened it and turned an insert (white bit) to fit it back together with a bit of sikaflex, panel now misses it(y)

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
@pandj thank you so much for your informative post and wow not as much room up there as I had imagined (n) glad I didn't op for the air con!

Received confirmation last week that mine is going into build on the 20th June, fingers crossed for a collection date in late July(y)

Enjoy your trip to France.

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
Hi pandj, thanks for your post. After what seems a lifetime at last exciting times are ahead, if all is as it should be.(y)

Should have arrived at the dealers last week but was delayed by transport company, so the sleep count down was unfortunately restarted!

The transport company have advised the dealer that the ferry crossing is booked for this evening and will arrive with them tomorrow afternoon. The dealer has promised he will call as soon as it arrives and due to me only living a short distance away, I will be on my way over as soon as the phone has left my ear......:)

So to say I'm excited is an understatement!! Then the count down begins again for collection, just not sure how long this process will take until I've spoken with them tomorrow.

How are you getting on with yours?

OP
OP
Floydster

Floydster

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 21, 2013
Where ever I lay my hat
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A lifetime
That's good news, fingers crossed for you.

We're still loving ours, looking forward to getting away again next week to get the gas tank fitted then we're off over the water again till the end of September.
Just been trying to get all the little jobs done on it before we head off.

Good luck with yours you'll love it when you get it.(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back