Pictures in signatures....arevthey allowed? (1 Viewer)

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
IMHO that statement is complete nonsense
How to make friends and influence people???
For someone who claims to be a forum wizard you appear to be a tad sensative and need to lighten up a bit. There's plenty of that attitude to be had with the Caravan Club.
I'm sure in time you will get the swing of it (y). You'll also I'm sure, quickly realise Techno 100 to be a god send with many technical motorhome issues and usually one of the first to offer up advise. I hope he's more forgiving than me, first impressions an all ;)
so Techno100,you see nothing wrong with the above post,because i do.and can remember post's that's are attempting to flame,just like the one above,being posted on facts.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
MJG1959

MJG1959

Free Member
Feb 14, 2015
Cleveland UK
Funster No
MH
Exp
let's gang up on the new member,turning into facts slowly but surely.:rolleyes:

Thanks for that but honestly don't worry about it. My post does come across as a tad 'abrupt' if I am honest and probably warranted some of the responses which actually don't concern me at all, I certainly don't feel 'ganged' up on at all TBH and if I choose to I can hold my own. I'm just not bothering as it generally is a pointless exercise getting into debates in internet forums about how you come across or what you said or didn't say or what somebody thought what you said or didn't say.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
People respond to what they have read and their own interpretation of it.
Anything we say is open to reply so you have to be careful how you say what you say. This is nothing to do with "Facts" nor taking sides.

EDIT this reply was to Chris as Martin posted between

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
Thanks for that but honestly don't worry about it. My post does come across as a tad 'abrupt' if I am honest and probably warranted some of the responses which actually don't concern me at all, I certainly don't feel 'ganged' up on at all TBH and if I choose to I can hold my own. I'm just not bothering as it generally is a pointless exercise getting into debates in internet forums about how you come across or what you said or didn't say or what somebody thought what you said or didn't say.
oh almost forgot! welcome to the forum(y)

Wickolad

Free Member
Sep 10, 2013
Wickersley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie to MH, 20yrs+ Caravanning.
let's gang up on the new member,turning into facts slowly but surely.:rolleyes:

There's no intention at all to 'gang-up' on anyone, as you infer.
First impressions count in my book and I would hazard a guess, most peoples.
As a new comer to a site you would probably expect to see a little less sarcasm. However, that may be due to previous forum experience who knows.
That said, in time when OP gets the Swing of things on here, as in 'FUN' and 'Banter' and the fact they will very probably seek information and help from the very person they chose to take attitude with, things will no doubt be very different.
Until then, please do not suggest my statement to be intended to be inflammatory as that wasnt the intention, merely to point out the error of the ways in my opinion.
The bit about being forgiving, unfortunately I am not really, if someone upsets me it takes time to put it behind and move on.
So make of this what you will!!

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
just a little heads up for MJG 1959,never criticize anyones spelling or grammar on this forum,because quite rightly, it's a hanging offense:rofl::rofl:

OP
OP
MJG1959

MJG1959

Free Member
Feb 14, 2015
Cleveland UK
Funster No
MH
Exp
just a little heads up for MJG 1959,never criticize anyones spelling or grammar on this forum,because quite rightly, it's a hanging offense:rofl::rofl:

Noted, much the same as others I frequent, it seems to be a common thing.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Back to the original question. I have turned off signatures because too many people waste my screen space and bandwidth with too much in their signature. Which reminds me, I need to go and delete my signature as I never see it any more so don't want to inflict it on others.... :whistle::eek:

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
Back to the original question. I have turned off signatures because too many people waste my screen space and bandwidth with too much in their signature. Which reminds me, I need to go and delete my signature as I never see it any more so don't want to inflict it on others.... :whistle::eek:
i thought all signatures were deleted when we moved over to the new server??
so my old signature is still there???:LOL:
wont be in a few mins(y)

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
i thought all signatures were deleted when we moved over to the new server??
so my old signature is still there???:LOL:
wont be in a few mins(y)
I just tried to turn signatures back on to see what people have. Won't show them and each time I go back into preferences it has been turned off again.

I guess it doesn't want me to see them (y)

Oh, and no, we made sure signatures were migrated :eek:

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
I just tried to turn signatures back on to see what people have. Won't show them and each time I go back into preferences it has been turned off again.

I guess it doesn't want me to see them (y)

Oh, and no, we made sure signatures were migrated :eek:
mine should be gone now???

Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
I don't even know how to add one! On my iPad when I go to edit signature and click the picture icon it asks me to enter the URL of the image. No idea how to do that!

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland

I tried that, In preferences, I unticked "Show people's signatures with their messages "

but it keeps resetting to show them.. I've cleaned the browser cache and cookies, but it still defaults to show signatures..

when I look at preferences again, it's re ticked

any ideas ?

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I tried that, In preferences, I unticked "Show people's signatures with their messages "

but it keeps resetting to show them.. I've cleaned the browser cache and cookies, but it still defaults to show signatures..

when I look at preferences again, it's re ticked

any ideas ?
Sorry you will need to give @Jim a shout on that one. I am having exactly the same problem in reverse.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I don't even know how to add one! On my iPad when I go to edit signature and click the picture icon it asks me to enter the URL of the image. No idea how to do that!

I'd like to know how to upload one from my PC if that is possible. I don't want to put the photo on Faceless or anywhere else though.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
well my picture of the wildman logo
fails to show any more in my signature even though it used to be fine and does show when I try to add it again in preview mode

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
I just think people sometimes assume too readily that if someone is new on one particular forum then they are new to forums period. I have used Internet forums for years and on one I wrote a tutorial for other members on how to upload and display images in their posts. This was 'pinned' by the mods. As people found it so useful. On another forum I am a moderator. I just wasn't 100% sure about the rules/etiquette here about using them in signatures and felt it easier to ask.

:)
There ain't no etiquetttteeeee on here everything
Revolves round
rule 1 and sir Lord the gugner Mr jim the only moderator

:blush::blush::blush::welc:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread