LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
As in Jim's excellent video instructions I've opened a photobucket and posted some pictures in threads but they have appeared massive!

How do I resize them?

Cheers.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Make them smaller before you upload them to photobucket. There really is no need for a photo to have any one dimension over 900 pixels. Believe it or not most users of fun have a screen no wider than 1024 pixels.

If your pictures are bigger than that, they break pages and take an age to upload/download. If you google the term "resize image" you'll see loads of ways of reducing your photos for the web.

If you never print pictures (most don't these days) then reduce the images size on your camera, it will operate faster, you'll be able to get loads more shots on a card and uploads and manipulations will be quicker too. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Mousy

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Thanks Jim, most are photos taken on my iPhone which is linked to my iPad then uploaded to photobucket.

I'm always mortified when I upload to a thread and my pic is huge!

I'll do some research or just pass the iPad to Mr M (cos that's what husbands are for!):hardhat:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Use the PREVIEW tab before posting or if you forget you can still edit your post for a short time or delete it completely. Less of a shock :Eeek:

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
As far as I know you can resize in photobucket. It can be done during the upload but I would expect you can also choose a size when you make the link - as you can in Flickr. Google "resizing photobucket" and you should get some tips.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
As in Jim's excellent video instructions I've opened a photobucket and posted some pictures in threads but they have appeared massive!

How do I resize them?

Cheers.

Click on the image you want to resize
Once open - click on <Edit> (right hand panel under Media Options)
Click on <Resize>, and enter the new image diamensions. For forums, max 800 wide is recommended, otherwise those using mobile devices ended up with a "borked" (technical term) forum layout
Click <Apply>

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
Thanks Jim, most are photos taken on my iPhone which is linked to my iPad then uploaded to photobucket.

I'm always mortified when I upload to a thread and my pic is huge!

I'll do some research or just pass the iPad to Mr M (cos that's what husbands are for!):hardhat:

Email it to yourself from the I phone
it will offer you A choice of size 4 sizes I believe
then send it
copy from the email it to your pad

On the pad open email load picture then press on picture
Then follow choice you want

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.