Deceased RIP
Oct 14, 2022
Kilmarnock, UK
Funster No
MH
Roller Team
Exp
1 year
TV and fire stick working all ok in house but no power at all from tv in van have plugged in 12v cable and fire stick leisure battery on lights etc fine have been trying to figure it out all day have an inverter in the van i havent a clue if that has anything to do with it driving me nuts any help appreciated

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Try it on the inverter if it works then your not getting enough power from the 12v or are you plugging it in a usb on the TV..?

Upvote 0
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Ok, start from basics where exactly is the tv plugged into? And with what type of plug?
Same question for the fire stick. Is power supply to the stick from a usb in the tv or another source?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Dec 1, 2016
Perthshire
Funster No
MH
Kon Tiki G649
Exp
2 years
Is your motorhome main control panel turned on? My Avtex TV doesn’t supply enough power for the Firestick in the HDMI socket. I have to plug it into the 240V system when on hook-up.

Upvote 0
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Is your motorhome main control panel turned on? My Avtex TV doesn’t supply enough power for the Firestick in the HDMI socket. I have to plug it into the 240V system when on hook-up.
A fire stick needs a separate power source to the HDMI port it is plugged into in all cases.

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
It sounds like your TV USB isn't a 'powered' one, just an input for you to put a stick into watch stuff on the TV, some are powered, others aren't, try plugging it into another power source and you should find it works.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
D

Dougall

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 14, 2022
Kilmarnock, UK
Funster No
MH
Roller Team
Exp
1 year
Hi Davies wife here to be honest I haven’t a clue about this the 12v cable that came with the avtex tv
P
Ok, start from basics where exactly is the tv plugged into? And with what type of plug?
Same question for the fire stick. Is power supply to the stick from a usb in the tv or another source?
sorry didnt get back to you last night we have no power to any sockets only lights fridge and cooker we will have to get someone to look at it thanks for your help

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
P

sorry didnt get back to you last night we have no power to any sockets only lights fridge and cooker we will have to get someone to look at it thanks for your help
You should have some fuses for the 12v sockets so check if one has blown or come loose.

I assume we are talking about 12v sockets and not 230v (mains) ones as the mains ones won't work without you being hooked-up.

Upvote 0
Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
Hi Davies wife here to be honest I haven’t a clue about this the 12v cable that came with the avtex tv
Does your TV have a 'power brick' that can plug into a 3-pin mains socket? If you look at the label, it will say the output voltage. Probably about 12V, maybe 13V. This brick changes the 240V AC mains voltage down to 12V DC, which then powers the TV.

The other cable that came with the TV can plug into a 12V socket, and power the TV from that. It plugs into the same hole in the back of the TV. Using that cable, you can run the TV directly from the 12V leisure battery, no need to have a 240V mains supply.

The inverter should not be necessary for this TV. An inverter boosts the voltage of the 12V battery to 240V AC, so it can power some devices from a standard mains 3-pin socket. It should be used with care, because it can quickly drain a 12V battery.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
D

Dougall

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 14, 2022
Kilmarnock, UK
Funster No
MH
Roller Team
Exp
1 year
Does your TV have a 'power brick' that can plug into a 3-pin mains socket? If you look at the label, it will say the output voltage. Probably about 12V, maybe 13V. This brick changes the 240V AC mains voltage down to 12V DC, which then powers the TV.

The other cable that came with the TV can plug into a 12V socket, and power the TV from that. It plugs into the same hole in the back of the TV. Using that cable, you can run the TV directly from the 12V leisure battery, no need to have a 240V mains supply.

The inverter should not be necessary for this TV. An inverter boosts the voltage of the 12V battery to 240V AC, so it can power some devices from a standard mains 3-pin socket. It should be used with care, because it can quickly drain a 12V battery.
thank you very helpful

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back