Picking up the "new recruit" tommorow ! (1 Viewer)

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
A 2 berth Auto Sleeper. VW transporter base, needs a couple of add ons to make it right for us, roll out awning for one.

Been looking since April, saw a heap of crapola, owners who thought "convert" a van, and charge M/H prices.

Looking forward to getting back in the swing again

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Enjoy might be down there in Sumer holiday
Bill

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Hi.
You were allowed one mistake.... you made two. Whats that saying "Turn? Barrel? Your?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::eek:
Tea bag
Don't encourage an old sailor like that......... it would take the mortician a week to get the smile off his face and also what about all those poor laydees in Danny's Bar who would miss him so.....

P.S. Great news John - happy travels and hope to buy you a drink sometime soon

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hope all goes well and you have many happy times on it.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Enjoy your van however ... all I can now 'hear' is the stupid song "Tomorrow"!!!! :mad:

OP
OP
rangi
Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Thanks Folks! :lips: you really ARE a wonderful bunch of people:notworthy2:

Got a list T-----------H----------I-----------S big of things to upgrade/
to do.
IT! (Yes we still don't give IT a name) is a K reg a bit tired in places, mechanically sound, Body work un messed with, Interior a bit tired, Petrol Engine, IT is booked in for a check up on Tuesday. Nigel has been told to show no mercy!
IT will give me summon to do, to occupy my sticky fingers, IT is just the thing I was after, seriously looked for an old Merc, then this was just down the road only saw IT by chance. AND we can still use it:clap2: in the meantime.
Off to the Caravan Accessorie shop Manana, Maureen already worried enough to accompany me, just in case ! :doh::laughing:

Happy times folks :drinks: :gum:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Thanks Folks! :lips: you really ARE a wonderful bunch of people:notworthy2:

Got a list T-----------H----------I-----------S big of things to upgrade/
to do.
IT! (Yes we still don't give IT a name) is a K reg a bit tired in places, mechanically sound, Body work un messed with, Interior a bit tired, Petrol Engine, IT is booked in for a check up on Tuesday. Nigel has been told to show no mercy!
IT will give me summon to do, to occupy my sticky fingers, IT is just the thing I was after, seriously looked for an old Merc, then this was just down the road only saw IT by chance. AND we can still use it:clap2: in the meantime.
Off to the Caravan Accessorie shop Manana, Maureen already worried enough to accompany me, just in case ! :doh::laughing:
Happy times folks :drinks: :gum:
Sounds good to me rangitira, small is beautiful. Didn't I say that every man and his dog in Cornwall has a VW. You will feel really at home. I might be joining the club again soon.(y)

ymfb

Free Member
Jun 16, 2017
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham
Exp
Since 2009
In Cornwall we have enjoyed free parking, got pulled into a police vehicle check, the copper looked round Blodwen and radioed his mate to ask why he picked on us, his response it's a nice looking van and I thought you'd like a closer look. Can't go wrong, enjoy your new van. We will be on the Roseland in our new Kingham last week of a July, first time not in a VDub for probably ten years.

Happyhacker

Free Member
Jul 1, 2017
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper
Exp
None
A 2 berth Auto Sleeper. VW transporter base, needs a couple of add ons to make it right for us, roll out awning for one.

Been looking since April, saw a heap of crapola, owners who thought "convert" a van, and charge M/H prices.

Been looking for my 1st one for ages. More difficult than I thought due to circa. 2000 vintage rusting so mntnce cost could be high.

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
[QUOTE
IT will give me summon to do, to occupy my sticky fingers[/QUOTE]

That's a brave thing to admit on here . . . . :giggler:

Peter Sansom

Free Member
May 22, 2015
peebles
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 610
Exp
A relative newbie...ex caravanner

Hope all goes well for you. Just one question... you have a swing in it? :confused:

OP
OP
rangi
Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Been looking for my 1st one for ages. More difficult than I thought due to circa. 2000 vintage rusting so mntnce cost could be high.

There was a Merc on either Auto trader or gumtree that looked in good nick at St Columb, that was the vone we were going to look at if the Autosleeper fell thro

OP
OP
rangi
Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Been ripping through the jobs, still looking for a 2nd hand fridge tho