Picking up our MoHo next weekend (1 Viewer)

Jul 26, 2017
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 125
Exp
Since 2016
We are picking up our first motorhome from the dealer next weekend (Spinney - Cheshire). It's a secondhand unit. What bits and pieces and certificates should I make sure come with it? I have read about various covers for vents etc? What's the best way to gain maximum benefit from the 2 hour handover?

Richard

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Try and video the bits where you are shown how things work. Your heads will probably be spinning at the end! As it is second hand there is no definitive list of bits and pieces, even vent covers are not necessarily supplied from new (we don't have them). Everything fitted should be demonstrated as working.
You should be given all documents relating to service and habitation checks and of course a dealer warranty.
I think that there is a guide in the resources section but you will have to sign up as a full member to access it.
Good luck and wishing you many happy travels.

Upvote 0

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
Exciting times for you! Do let us know what you have bought. A few pictures would be nice. Enjoy your new second home. Happy travelling.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Would be useful if it came with an EHU lead and a Calor gas cylinder.
I meant to mention that, and check that there is gas in the cylinder (or in underslung tank).
I have also heard of people driving away only to find hardly enough fuel to get to nearest petrol station!

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back