Picking up new van on Saturday (1 Viewer)

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
So i now have it confirmed we are picking up our flash best of 510 on Saturday at 10am. ::bigsmile:

I phoned them to check everything, but forgot to ask apart from the caravan docs, what do i need to bring? Is it just driving licence, proof of insurance?

I presume i use my debit card, not credit card? Anything else ?

::bigsmile: 3 sleeps ::bigsmile:

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Are they taxing it for you? You may need to get an insurance cover note to them beforehand, we did when we picked our new one up last week.

I paid by bank transfer the day before but withheld £3,500 until we were satisfied and paid that with credit card on the day.

If you are paying a large amount with your card on the day I would inform the bank before you go so that they know.

Enjoy your new toy :thumb:

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I paid our balance on debit card. I did check with the bank to see if they needed to know and they told me that as long as there was sufficient funds to cover it wouldn't be a problem. Enjoy your van ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
There was Much Discussion at our dealer about accepting such a large amount by Debit card. I couldn't believe it, I said it isn't cash you know - but of course it IS a cash transaction and you could be a money launderer for all they know. (Huh - like we have it long enough to get grubby LOL)

A small deposit, pay the rest by card out of someone else's account, sail away into the sunset, sell the van on eBay for nice CLEAN money.

Check with Bank AND dealer !

OP
OP
Spidey
Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
They are taxing it, so i presume then i don't need a cover note. But will take it along just in case. I will contact my bank, thats a good idea. Have to move the money around first. It would be great if we could pay by credit card to get the points, but dont really have that kind of limit:Eeek:

Just one question hubby had, would we need to keep the water pump lead? Is that useful in a motorhome?

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Best to check with Highbridge as each dealer may have their own policy & perhaps double check with your bank too. They want the sale to conclude without problem too so should be happy to clarify. Some dealers put a limit on how much by credit card (normally allow just the deposit) then some want bank transfer in advance but others may accept debit card on the day. We paid deposit by credit card (gives you additional protection) then bank transfer just before collection so all confirmed as sorted before we set off on our long journey to collect our motorhome - our bank confirmed that this was the lowest risk option despite us then having paid up front. Hope it all goes smoothly & you love your new motorhome as much as we do ours!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
They are taxing it, so i presume then i don't need a cover note. But will take it along just in case. I will contact my bank, thats a good idea. Have to move the money around first. It would be great if we could pay by credit card to get the points, but dont really have that kind of limit:Eeek:

Just one question hubby had, would we need to keep the water pump lead? Is that useful in a motorhome?

If it's the same as our then you have an onboard water tank & built in pump so not necessary but some people use them to help pump water from a container to fill the tank but a food grade flat hose or jerry can is usual or watering can if you plan on having a seperate water container for drinking water.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back