Picking up Alicante (1 Viewer)

May 23, 2012
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 666f
Exp
I have to pick my wife up in my motorhome from Alicante airport, any tips on were to park please.
Thanks

Mar 11, 2013
Gillingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
If you are looking for an overnight stop you can stay on the beach a couple of miles away.

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
We picked up our grandkids there about 3 yrs back,
Just drove to arrivals pick up point no problems,
We're 3mtrs high & 7 mtrs long,

Eric

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

H

Hagstrom

Deleted User
If you are picking up at arrival, you can enter the airport from the roundabout outside, go straight on, taking the route toward the Freight section (which was the old airport, before the new one was built on the left, next door) and wait in one on the numerous empty bays until you hear that by phone that your passenger has arrived and is stood outside the Departures sliding doors, next to Costa Coffee, on the UPPER level of the new airport. Then you can exit the airport, go around the roundabout and re-enter it, this time left, heading for Departures, which takes you up a ramp to the airport upper level. Ignore the paid parking areas on the left and continue towards the main building where the taxis go and you should see your passenger waiting outside on the pavement by Costa Coffee. They can be inside your vehicle in 15 seconds and you won't be a problem for the taxis or anyone else.

You can rehearse all this in advance by using Google Street Maps to recce the route. The only thing to tell your passenger is not to exit the airport sliding doors on the Arrivals level. They should go up the escalator/stairs to the Departures Level, and wait outside on the pavement by the sliding doors near Costa Coffee. We do this and have an 8.4m long, 3.3m high van.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I parked where I have placed the x on the map. I waited outside near the beach until I had the text to say plane landed and then waited just there as it is less busy and wide enough for traffic to pass me, it was also the only shaded spot I could find.

Ali.JPG

Mar 28, 2017
Lichfield, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
I went straight to arrivals parking /drop off point and no problems, I think you get 15 minutes free.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
We picked up our grandkids there about 3 yrs back,
Just drove to arrivals pick up point no problems,
We're 3mtrs high & 7 mtrs long,

Eric
due to the**** takers it has all changed down there & there is no parking on the right opposite the multi storey entrance ,enforced at night by the Policia local.
At 7m the op should just get out of the arrivals exit , Look at the shatp 45º right followed by the near 180º left on @popeyes map.
8m & ober you have problems & it is easier to go in & out via the coach/bus parking
I went straight to arrivals parking /drop off point and no problems, I think you get 15 minutes free.

As above that's why there are barriers. That isn't "arrivals/drop off " but departures & drop off .
The whole of the upper departures/drop off is completely ****ed by them allowing the parking companies to pick up/collect/return vehicles up there. Sometimes they have the whole lot full of them.

Arrivals parking is the multi storey only & large vehicles are meant to use the old long stay parking around to the left before either the new down entry to arrivals/multi storey or the up departures. Where @Popeye placed his 'x'.
What @Hagstrom posted is a better way.
@7m if you did attempt to use the upper 'departures' as a pick up you would have to use the second (middle barrier as the 1st left hand one has only angled parking . 5m tops The right hand 3rd barrier will also allow you in to parking on one side. It also depends on time.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back