Rally Pickering 5 night rally Thurs 25th July 2019 ( FULL) (1 Viewer)

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I’ve never had a drop down bed mine is not A class but I’m sure enough brains between us all will sort it perhaps
It has to be done correctly, otherwise there is the risk of a strut suddenly extending once freed, and projecting itself through a front window/screen. It has been known. ;)

DavidG58. Have you tried torquing the nylock nuts to 40lbs per square inch David? Apparently it's an annual check, and often the nuts need replacing. I did mine, resulting in success with the bed remaining in the up position, so I didn't need to replace the struts. (y)

Back on topic ;) I can't remember if we put our names down for the Indian or not.

Cheers,

Jock. :)

OP
OP
Debs

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
I believe this is the last list that was posted for the indian but happy to be proved wrong irnbru
all i've done is copied #92, pg4

For the MEAL we have

INDIAN MEAL

Debs x2
Andy
Mewx2
Neilfgx2
chrysalis 2
funflair2
me x2
cliffandger x2
langtoflad
The Happy Hooker x2
Anthea M x 2
Tony and Carol x 2
Jock n Rita x 2
Garjanco x 2
Carol x 2

& looking at that Andy has since cancelled and Lu isn't going for the meal so if Techno Andy & Jacs are coming then numbers are still the same if that makes sense?:D

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
You are spot on Debs For the 6pm Sunday night indian dinner.

Debs x1
Then x 2
Mewx2
Neilfgx2
chrysalis 2
funflair2
me x2
cliffandger x2
langtoflad
The Happy Hooker x2
Anthea M x 2
Tony and Carol x 2
Jock n Rita x 2
Garjanco x 2
Carol x 2

Total 28

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
We stopped off in Pickering a couple of days ago and can thoroughly recommend the ice creams (y)

It looks like it has loads of nice shops for the basic fruit veg and meat and of course lots more, and Lidl at the end of the road.

We picked up a "Pickering Town Trail" in Costa and Jen is at this very moment reading it. Amongst other things it tells you where the name PickeRing comes from, it also mentions the cast CTC plaque/sign on the wall of the Black Swan, the Cycle Touring Club awarded these 2ft diameter cast iron Plaques to hotels and other establishments and they were important symbols of trade, the signs were categorised and indicated the tariff charged "headquarters" was the top band and there are only 10 in the country of which the Black Swan has one the guide says one of only 5 but other reading contradicts this.

Can you tell we are getting excited;)

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
We stopped off in Pickering a couple of days ago and can thoroughly recommend the ice creams (y)

It looks like it has loads of nice shops for the basic fruit veg and meat and of course lots more, and Lidl at the end of the road.

We picked up a "Pickering Town Trail" in Costa and Jen is at this very moment reading it. Amongst other things it tells you where the name PickeRing comes from, it also mentions the cast CTC plaque/sign on the wall of the Black Swan, the Cycle Touring Club awarded these 2ft diameter cast iron Plaques to hotels and other establishments and they were important symbols of trade, the signs were categorised and indicated the tariff charged "headquarters" was the top band and there are only 10 in the country of which the Black Swan has one the guide says one of only 5 but other reading contradicts this.

Can you tell we are getting excited;)

Martin
Can you add me to the “ice cream” list please?

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
Is it too late to put us down for the Indian meal. Seemed to have missed this. Is there anything else I need to know ie food to make prizes etc?

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Is it too late to put us down for the Indian meal. Seemed to have missed this. Is there anything else I need to know ie food to make prizes etc?

I can add you. ?

Debs x1
Techno. x 2
Mewx2
Neilfgx2
chrysalis 2
funflair2
me x2
cliffandger x2
langtoflad
The Happy Hooker x2
Anthea M x 2
Tony and Carol x 2
Jock n Rita x 2
Garjanco x 2
Carol x 2
Hils and Glenns x2

Total 30

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2013
Essex, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 666F
Exp
Since 2015
Hi, irnbru is there any chance of a couple more at the Indian? As late bookers via the reserve list, I didn't think it would be possible until I saw others were able to.

Here's hoping. If not, we will probably be able to go separately at another point, I expect.

Thanks

Tony

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
I can add you. ?

Debs x1
Techno. x 2
Mewx2
Neilfgx2
chrysalis 2
funflair2
me x2
cliffandger x2
langtoflad
The Happy Hooker x2
Anthea M x 2
Tony and Carol x 2
Jock n Rita x 2
Garjanco x 2
Carol x 2
Hils and Glenns x2

Total 30

Thank you. You're a star.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Hi, irnbru is there any chance of a couple more at the Indian? As late bookers via the reserve list, I didn't think it would be possible until I saw others were able to.

Here's hoping. If not, we will probably be able to go separately at another point, I expect.

Thanks
Tony

Should be ok, Is there anyone else before I email them again?

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
By the time we arrive I reckon Dave will be pickled already (y)

But I promise to bring enough that we can still take some home again :unsure:

Or sell it on Monday before we leave ?

Now hoping to be there and well set up in time for 6 o'clock Chinese on Friday

OP
OP
Debs

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Morning folks, I'm probably not going to get much chance to look in today as mad busy with family stuff - IF anything happens that I need to be aware of for this meet could one of you who has my contact details please let me know, I'd really be grateful for that, thanks x

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Is the Indian called Spice 4 U

Yes , it’s very good too.
We’ve never had a bad meal there. But then again the most we’ve ever had at our table is 4 .
Not 40??

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
? M M Mmmmmmmm ?

Jun 18, 2013
Essex, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 666F
Exp
Since 2015
I'm not a believer in weather forecasts but thought I'd check whether Pickering was going to be OK this weekend, hoping not to see temperatures like those we are going to experience here in Essex (Thursday 35C). It does look cooler, so the fridge might stand a chance of keeping beer cool. What I did notice was a forecast of rain for Saturday, though, which is a bit of a surprise. It might also last into Sunday. That will freshen things up, I suppose.

Is anyone else a classic car fan? I notice that the garage/auction house which featured on a programme called Bangers and Cash is in Thornton-le-Dale, which is only a cycle ride away (3 miles along the A170 - some cycle path/pavement). They have a little museum there, which could be worth a visit. Sadly, there isn't an auction on this weekend, though.

Edit: There is a NYM Moor to Sea cycle route, of which one section is Pickering to Thornton-le-Dale. https://www.northyorkmoors.org.uk/v...gdale-end/8-M2S-Pickering-to-Langdale-End.pdf

Tony

Last edited:

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Good news for us, we have got cover for mum on Thursday so we can set off Thursday pm now ?

Must buy an extra bottle of gin ??
Has that bottle got a label? "Shiftys HANDS OFF"

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back