Rally Pickering 5 night rally Thurs 25th July 2019 ( FULL) (1 Viewer)

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
PLEASE NOTE - THIS RALLY IS FULL - AS IS THE RESERVE LIST.
NO FURTHER NAMES WILL BE ACCEPTED FOR THE TIME BEING

THANKS

Mount Terrace, Pickering, North Yorks. YO18 8JH

This is a Camping and Caravanning Club Certified Site with a rally field attached just behind the NYMR steam railway in the market town of Pickering. The town is a short walk away. The steam railway now connects through to Whitby and there are local buses.

Pickering has a Co-op and a Lidl a few minutes walk away, traditional street market on Mondays along the main street and a Country Market on Thursdays 9.30-11.30 in the WRVS hall on Hungate. There are shops, pubs and restaurants in the town.

I have arranged with Colin, the owner, to take over the whole of the site less the bookings he already has and we will cover the cost of the CS pitches. This should give us plenty of room.

It is a basic site without EHU although battery charging is available for a small fee.

There are 30 pitches available.

The rally is for 5 nights - the total cost per unit is £40.00 - this will give me about £17 to buy black bags as we need to take all rubbish home. The cost of the rally is still £40 even if you stay less nights.

Full payment is required by Mon 24 June. Sadly I know that plans can change and in the event of a cancellation refunds will be made once your place has been taken. If it's not taken by anyone else then it will count towards the rally fee as a set amount has to be covered.

Payment details

Ac name R A Mullholland
Sort Code 40 47 60
Ac number 75365902

Under reference please quote your user name and post on here to say when you've made payment as this is Andy63 s account.

IMPORTANT INFO - PLEASE TAKE TIME TO READ

We want to be good neighbours and by attending this rally you are agreeing to the following
  • The rally starts at Noon Thurs 25th July and we need to be off site by noon Tuesday 30th July
  • As it is in a residential location there is a strict No Noise policy after 10.30 pm
  • You will have to take all rubbish home with you, once the stock of black bags runs out you'll need to provide your own. Please DO NOT dispose of rubbish in the bin at bottom of the drive. There is a bottle bank in the car park and in Lidl to make use of.
  • Dogs are welcome but must be on leads and picked up afterwards.
  • grey water to be disposed of in the hedge bottom
  • the elsan point is up by the house - lifting of the manhole cover type. The property is not on mains sewers so PLEASE DO NOT DISPOSE OF WIPES THIS WAY as it causes blockages which the owner has to pay to sort out. Please use tissue paper only (or do like our european neighbours and dispose of the tissue paper with your other rubbish instead of putting it in the cassette). The outside loo is off limits to ralliers for similar reasons.
  • There are 2 water taps up by the house - the house is raised above the camping area and its not practical to get the vans up there for water so PLEASE ARRIVE WITH FULL FRESH TANK IF POSSIBLE or be prepared to use watering cans. Use of a hose isn't really possible either due to the distance.
  • NO GROUNDSHEETS OF ANY KIND
  • no gennies to be used - battery charging for a small fee is possible
  • Last but not least in very rare circumstances the field becomes too soft to use if there has been a period of prolonged rain. A few days beforehand I will confirm with the owner that we can still go ahead. In the unlikely event of a cancellation all monies paid will be refunded.

Colin buys/sells/restores things and has lots of interesting stuff to look at and buy and will be more than happy to show small groups around.

Day visitor parking £3
Tractor aid £5

Last edited:
OP
OP
Debs

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Sorry about that!

There is already a list of 26 attendees so we have 4 spare places. I will be opening a reserve list.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Yes please Deb. If there’s space.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Debs

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Fat fingers and phones really don't mix! @cliffandger ok, I'll add you. I'm just trying to post the attendee list. Please be patient.

OP
OP
Debs

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
OP
OP
Debs

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
IMPORTANT INFO - PLEASE TAKE TIME TO READ

We want to be good neighbours and by attending this rally you are agreeing to the following
  • The rally starts at Noon Thurs 25th July and we need to be off site by noon Tuesday 30th July
  • As it is in a residential location there is a strict No Noise after 10.30 pm
  • You will have to take all rubbish home with you, once the stock of black bags runs out you'll need to provide your own. Please DO NOT dispose of rubbish in the bin at bottom of the drive. There is a bottle bank in the car park and in Lidl to make use of.
  • Dogs are welcome but must be on leads and picked up afterwards.
  • grey water to be disposed of in the hedge bottom
  • the elsan point is up by the house - lifting of the manhole cover type. The property is not on mains sewers so PLEASE DO NOT DISPOSE OF WIPES THIS WAY as it causes blockages which the owner has to pay to sort out. Please use tissue paper only (or do like our european neighbours and dispose of the tissue paper with your other rubbish instead of putting it in the cassette)
  • There are 2 water taps up by the house - the house is raised above the camping area and its not practical to get the vans up there for water so PLEASE ARRIVE WITH FULL FRESH TANK IF POSSIBLE or be prepared to use watering cans. Use of a hose isn't really possible either due to the distance.
  • NO GROUNDSHEETS OF ANY KIND
  • no gennies to be used - battery charging for a small fee is possible
  • Last but not least in very rare circumstances the field becomes too soft to use if there has been a period of prolonged rain. A few days beforehand I will confirm with the owner that we can still go ahead. In the unlikely event of a cancellation all monies paid will be refunded.

Colin buys/sells/restores things and has lots of interesting stuff to look at and buy and will be more than happy to show small groups around.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Debs

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Mount Terrace, Pickering, North Yorks. YO18 8JH

This is a Camping and Caravanning Club Certified Site with a rally field attached just behind the NYMR steam railway in the market town of Pickering. The town is a short walk away. The steam railway now connects through to Whitby and there are local buses.

Pickering has a Co-op and a Lidl a few minutes walk away, traditional street market on Mondays along the main street and a Country Market on Thursdays 9.30-11.30 in the WRVS hall on Hungate. There are shops, pubs and restaurants in the town.

I have arranged with Colin, the owner, to take over the whole of the site less the bookings he already has and we will cover the cost of the CS pitches. This should give us plenty of room.

It is a basic site without EHU although battery charging is available for a small fee.

There are 30 pitches available.

The rally is for 5 nights - the total cost per unit is £40.00 - this will give me about £17 to buy black bags as we need to take all rubbish home. The cost of the rally is still £40 even if you stay less nights.

Full payment is required by Mon 24 June. Sadly I know that plans can change and in the event of a cancellation refunds will be made once your place has been taken. If it's not taken by anyone else then it will count towards the rally fee as a set amount has to be covered.

Payment details

Ac name R A Mullholland
Sort Code 40 47 60
Ac number 75365902

Under reference please quote your user name and post on here to say when you've made payment as this is Andy63 s account.

You know I like to interfere(y) so can I suggest that anybody making payment to Andy puts a re "Pickering" as Andy is also taking monies for canoe/kayaking at Millport and we don't want him confused;)

Martin

OP
OP
Debs

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
You know I like to interfere(y) so can I suggest that anybody making payment to Andy puts a re "Pickering" as Andy is also taking monies for canoe/kayaking at Millport and we don't want him confused;)

Martin

Good point Martin ta although I thought all monies were in for millport??

Jan 18, 2016
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670SLS
Exp
A long time
Yes please.
Looks like we will be 1st reserve.

Last edited:

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Andy is also taking monies for canoe/kayaking at Millport and we don't want him confused;)
Thats a handy enough suggestion martin... it does need some sort of reference on the payment that i can check and cross reference with a list of attendees..sometimes folk pay money using a real name which i cant relate to their forum name and it takes a bit checking...id suggest they reference their payment with the same name as the attendees list which will most probably be their forum name....
All the millport money is in and the balance on the kayaking has been paid to the cntr.. im still holding the deposits for the garrison... the bru will ask for that when she wants it
Andy..

OP
OP
Debs

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Ah you caught me there(y) I will try to stop interfering.

Martin

Don't be daft Martin - where money is involved I want every thing as clear as possible!!!

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs

Martin
We have completed Millport(y)

Jul 25, 2017
scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
Since 2017
Hi there,
Could you please add us to your reserve list - sounds great!
Many thanks
Alex & Diane

Jun 18, 2013
Essex, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 666F
Exp
Since 2015
Hi,
Please could we be added to the reserves?
Many thanks
Tony & Kirsty

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I hear theres a good indian nearby. MMMM yum yum, who else would be up for an indian?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back