Rally Pickering 5 night rally Thurs 25th July 2019 ( FULL) (1 Viewer)

tonyandcarol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2016
Spilsby Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Niesman bischoff Fla
Exp
since 2005
I know it's a bit of a haul but I thought folks might like the chance to visit Whitby on the steam train and the beer festival was just a happy coincidence - it's not like there's alot of pubs in Whitby or anything:whistle: @big map did find out that there were 66 fish & chip shops the other day:LOL:

I am looking forward to trying a few places in Pickering though:D2
I could not think of a better way to spend a few hours stream train ride to whitby's a few beers and fish and chips at trenches.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Ahh, been there Anthea, and seen Claude Grengrass's tatty back yard, (A CC CL at the time), and I've been in the pub for a look. ;)

Cheers,

Jock. :)
Went there about 25 years ago and stayed in Greengrass’s field, lovely area.

Martin

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
@Anthea M I should say I was only joking before everyone else puts their names down as well(y)

Martin
Phew ! I’m not great at organising and we could well have ended up in Middlesbrough!
@Debs is your lady for organising !!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Phew ! I’m not great at organising and we could well have ended up in Middlesbrough!
What could go wrong? Oh Middlesbrough that would be bad, you would never be forgiven.

Debs it is then.

Martin

OP
OP
Debs

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Cheers:Eeek::LOL:

I had made a note to contact them tomorrow to see if there was much of a discount for a group ticket to Whitby. Standard return looks to be about £27 otherwise which I don't think is too bad, lovely journey as you say.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Or you Martin you are a great organiser!(y)
So I don’t need the practice:LOL: and let’s face it if it goes wrong on the way there we will all have forgotten who was in charge by the time we get back,

Martin

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
So I don’t need the practice:LOL: and let’s face it if it goes wrong on the way there we will all have forgotten who was in charge by the time we get back,

Martin
I’m sure we can have copious amounts of beer/ wine / gin in Whitby and like you say it won’t matter!!

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Cheers:Eeek::LOL:

I had made a note to contact them tomorrow to see if there was much of a discount for a group ticket to Whitby. Standard return looks to be about £27 otherwise which I don't think is too bad, lovely journey as you say.
See I knew you would be on it!!

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
Hi @Debs. We haven't paid yet. Not back in the UK until 20th July. Is payment by bank transfer? If so can you direct me to the details please?

OP
OP
Debs

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Morning folks (well it was when I started typing this)

I've had a chat to the group co ordinator at NYMR.

Group bookings are for a minimum of 20 folks who all have to travel together, this will give reserved group seating both outbound and return and gives a discount of £5 pp. They would also need a 50% NON REFUNDABLE deposit and would need to be booked asap as it is in peak season and they restrict the numbers of groups travelling.

Sorry but I've got too much on to sort this unless someone wants to take it on.

Otherwise it's easy enough to book your own tickets in advance online or at the ticket office in Pickering

https://www.nymr.co.uk/Pages/Category/timetable

Whitby trains from Pickering
09.25, 12, 1pm, 4pm

return times
12.45, 2pm, 16.40, 6pm

Don't forget the Indian meal is booked for the Sunday evening if you've put your name down with Sandra.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Many thanks for making the enquiries Debs. (y)

I don't like the sound of the 50% non refundable deposit, ie, if weather constraints at the time prevents us from camping, and the Meet is subsequently cancelled, then that's the deposit "up the swanny". :( It is for that reason, that I wouldn't be willing to organise a group booking, nor collect the monies..............and nor would I expect anyone else to take that risk either. :(

I'll happily take my chances, and pay the £27.00pp for Rita and I, on the day. (y)

Cheers,

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks Debs for making enquires we will do the same and I think we are down for the curry Sunday!

So might go on the Saturday to Whitby.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi @Debs just to let you know that I have paid for the Pickering Rally today, hopefully it will go through ok
?

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
Hi Debs. We've paid. Smiley face. Emojis not working again. Sad face. Ha

Paul Mason

Free Member
Jul 21, 2017
Eastridings
Funster No
MH
Citroen relay
Exp
@Paul Mason sorry, just to let you know Andrew and Jenny weren't queue jumping, they had requested by pm at 1.23pm.
Hi just seen message ok ... is there a problem with the site .. the rallies aren’t loading .. tried send direct message but won’t let me do that either

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
is there a problem with the site
Not sure what's going on, however, due to a lot of server changing, and IT work over this weekend Paul, there are many things going on, which we have been respectfully requested to abide with...................until the necessary work (and changes) is/are complete. (y)

BTW, I worked with your namesake in my early days, at Cambs F&RS. He was a definite southerner though. ;)

Cheers,

Paul Mason

Free Member
Jul 21, 2017
Eastridings
Funster No
MH
Citroen relay
Exp
Not sure what's going on, however, due to a lot of server changing, and IT work over this weekend Paul, there are many things going on, which we have been respectfully requested to abide with...................until the necessary work (and changes) is/are complete. (y)

BTW, I worked with your namesake in my early days, at Cambs F&RS. He was a definite southerner though. ;)

Cheers,

thanks for the reply jock ..will keep trying cheers paul

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
PLEASE NOTE THIS RALLY IS FULL AS IS THE RESERVE LIST - NO FURTHER NAMES WILL BE ACCEPTED FOR THE TIME BEING.

THANKS

Attendees

1. Debs paid
  2. @irnbru paid
  3. @Neilfg
  4. @MicknMew paid
  5. @Keypresser paid
  6. @andy63 paid
  7. @IanF paid
  8. @funflair paid
  9. @ShiftZZ
  10. @Mr Chrysalis paid
  11. @JockandRita paid
  12. @Trixie paid
  13. @Carol
  14. @Badknee paid
  15. @Langtoftlad paid
  16. @tonyandcarol paid
  17. @Anthea M paid
  18. @CWH paid
  19. @KassBMW paid
  20. @Hils and Glenns
  21. @TheCaller
  22. @Ralph-n-Bev paid
  23. @DavidG58 paid
  24. @garjanco
  25. @Aly1 paid
  26. @Cal54 paid
  27. @cliffandger paid
  28. @Detnor paid
  29. @Steve and Denise paid
  30. @Terry

Reserve list
  1. @Rosemary1
  2. @The Dudess
  3. @The Partridge Family
  4. @alex n
  5. @tonyl
  6. @TrebleH
  7. @Ukbandit
  8. @csd4t
  9. @Techno
  10. @hoot007
  11. @Casper46
  12. @beerdrinker1
  13. @Andrew and Jenny
  14. @Paul Mason

IMPORTANT INFO - PLEASE TAKE TIME TO READ

We want to be good neighbours and by attending this rally you are agreeing to the following
  • The rally starts at Noon Thurs 25th July and we need to be off site by noon Tuesday 30th July
  • As it is in a residential location there is a strict No Noise policy after 10.30 pm
  • You will have to take all rubbish home with you, once the stock of black bags runs out you'll need to provide your own. Please DO NOT dispose of rubbish in the bin at bottom of the drive. There is a bottle bank in the car park and in Lidl to make use of.
  • Dogs are welcome but must be on leads and picked up afterwards.
  • grey water to be disposed of in the hedge bottom
  • the elsan point is up by the house - lifting of the manhole cover type. The property is not on mains sewers so PLEASE DO NOT DISPOSE OF WIPES THIS WAY as it causes blockages which the owner has to pay to sort out. Please use tissue paper only (or do like our european neighbours and dispose of the tissue paper with your other rubbish instead of putting it in the cassette). The outside loo is off limits to ralliers for similar reasons.
  • There are 2 water taps up by the house - the house is raised above the camping area and its not practical to get the vans up there for water so PLEASE ARRIVE WITH FULL FRESH TANK IF POSSIBLE or be prepared to use watering cans. Use of a hose isn't really possible either due to the distance.
  • NO GROUNDSHEETS OF ANY KIND
  • no gennies to be used - battery charging for a small fee is possible
  • Last but not least in very rare circumstances the field becomes too soft to use if there has been a period of prolonged rain. A few days beforehand I will confirm with the owner that we can still go ahead. In the unlikely event of a cancellation all monies paid will be refunded.

Colin buys/sells/restores things and has lots of interesting stuff to look at and buy and will be more than happy to show small groups around.

Day visitor parking £3
Tractor aid £5[/user]

Not long to go
We are there this weekend with the kids camping . I’m sure it’ll be a lot quieter at Colin’s site than when we are there with you lot in a few week !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back