Rally Pickering 5 night rally Thurs 25th July 2019 ( FULL) (1 Viewer)

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
We’re now parked up in Whitby - in the corner, miles away from the water, loo, Elsan and Carol and Ed Carol - why I didn’t look for their details on the ‘Incoming vans’ sheet I don’t know ... :doh:

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks for a lovely meet. The location was brilliant, weather was so, so, but the company made for a sunny atmosphere throughout! Thanks to funflair Martin and Jen, JockandRita for stepping in, and Debs we were really sorry you couldn’t make it, and hope you are doing as well as you can under the circumstances.

Pickering pork Pies will have a lot to answer for when I get on the scales .... but we are off for Whitby Fish and Chips today, so I guess I’ll start the diet again next Monday! :wink:

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Well that's us home now (y) less than an hour and a lovely drive over the moors Hutton-le-Hole Blakey ridge and Castleton, not much traffic so a nice leisurely drive avoiding the sheep.

If anybody heard Jen trying to embarrass me by saying "I think we have a problem, the pump keeps going BERRR when no taps are open" I have fixed it by properly closing the outside hot water tap :D2 OK its a drain really we are not that posh but I use it as an outside tap.

Thanks to Debs for organising this rally(y) Colin wishes to be remembered to you, we really enjoyed it which is down to the nice crowd that turned up.

Martin and Jen

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
We found a spare £40 kicking around from an extra attendee after Colin had been paid so, I put it towards our going to Dusseldorf fund ;)

OK only kidding(y)

Screenshot 2019-07-30 at 15.13.47.png

Martin

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Langtoftlad has been a hero and picked the offending poo up. Should say it didn't belong to Kerry. Thank you Stephen.
Hardly a hero :blush:... but it was certainly not something you should have to deal with.
Sandra irnbru , I'm pretty sure the evidence suggested it was a "stop & go" :rolleyes:, but I agree it was unlikely to be a Funster's dog... there were a few 'walkers' who passed through the rally field instead of the overgrown public footpath...
Anyway, how was the van changeover ?

Back home now... reasonable drive apart from one minor jam on the A1.
Of course my thanks for a thoroughly fun time goes to Debs for the pre-organisation and to funflair & JockandRita for being Marshalls Extraordinaire.
...and also to all the participants (y)(y)(y).

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Well the other van had a right spring clean in Pickering! Even the exhaust pipe was cleaned!!!!
More likely removed if she could get it off
..??
I'll bet it was jean doing the cleaning..I'm not sure sandra knows how?

OP
OP
Debs

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Well that's us home now (y) less than an hour and a lovely drive over the moors Hutton-le-Hole Blakey ridge and Castleton, not much traffic so a nice leisurely drive avoiding the sheep.

If anybody heard Jen trying to embarrass me by saying "I think we have a problem, the pump keeps going BERRR when no taps are open" I have fixed it by properly closing the outside hot water tap :D2 OK its a drain really we are not that posh but I use it as an outside tap.

Thanks to Debs for organising this rally(y) Colin wishes to be remembered to you, we really enjoyed it which is down to the nice crowd that turned up.

Martin and Jen

Thanks Martin , glad it all seems to have gone well and folks have enjoyed the location. I'm booked in with Trace & Rich in September so will definitely have to try the Indian:D

Very many thanks to you and Jock and irnbru for dealing with it all, very very much appreciated x

Roll on Malvern
:)

So are the rest of us on our little whats app group?
I think she's been a bit of a drama queen keeping us all in suspenders?

& still no news!!!!!:D

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
A big thank you to Debbie for arranging the meet at such a wonderful location. Also thanks to Martin and Jock for the marshalling, Tony for the fun quiz...even though I was crap...and thanks to Chris Keypresser for helping us prepare to swap vans. We really enjoyed ourselves.

Oh and thanks to the musicians. Loved the tunes!

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
A big thank you to Debbie for arranging the meet at such a wonderful location. Also thanks to Martin and Jock for the marshalling, Tony for the fun quiz...even though I was crap...and thanks to Chris Keypresser for helping us prepare to swap vans. We really enjoyed ourselves.

Oh and thanks to the musicians. Loved the tunes!
Loving your new van Sandra!!
Hope you have many lovely adventures in her!

Thank you for making the videos of the meet I’ve not seen it yet!

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
Langtoftlad has been a hero and picked the offending poo up. Should say it didn't belong to Kerry. Thank you Stephen.
I’m pretty sure this wasn’t one of ours as they had both “performed” quite extensively on our early morning walk, and I had a check round before we left around 1000. However I did have them tied up out there for a bit whilst I moved the car etc, so it is possible that one of them did and I missed it. If so, sincere apologies to you both and thanks to Stephen for picking it up

Mar 26, 2015
geordie land
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Delaware
Exp
1980's
Firstly we would like to send you our condolences Debs, and let you know we are thinking of you at this sad time, Sorry you couldn't be with us after all your organizing but your marshals done you proud, a big thank you to Martin and Jen. and Jock and Rita. The quiz master, the singer's and musicians, Everyone had a brilliant time in a great location, and last but not least Sandra for organizing the night out at the Indians which was absolutely fabulous. Hope all of you funsters had a safe hassle free journey home or too wherever your vans were taking you. looking forward to meeting up with you all at the next rally wherever that may be. Safe journey.
MicknMew

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Thanks to all (funflair , JockandRita ) for their efforts, good location, lovely Indian Spice4u thx irnbru Sandra and MicknMew for the Kuub and others for the music (Thetford song :D )

Just to say we got the keys and are ready to settle down for the night in the van on our drive. All feels a bit odd at the mo sure we shall settle in as the furniture arrives.

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
I’m pretty sure this wasn’t one of ours as they had both “performed” quite extensively on our early morning walk, and I had a check round before we left around 1000. However I did have them tied up out there for a bit whilst I moved the car etc, so it is possible that one of them did and I missed it. If so, sincere apologies to you both and thanks to Stephen for picking it up
I'm pretty sure it wasn't one of yours too. I think you'd long gone. All water under the bridge now. Life's too short. Good luck to Alice. Is it today?

Jan 18, 2016
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670SLS
Exp
A long time
Alice, Good luck with the hip op today.
Mine went well last October and feeling good.
The Benimar looks great and glad you have made the move?.
Big smiles ????

Looking at the weather this morning it looks like we came home to the North West just before the rain hit!!

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
A bit of a downside for us though was someone who didn't pick up after their dog after it left a deposit right by our awning yesterday. Totally unacceptable and I would name and shame if I knew who it was. They must have known as all dogs have been on a leads.

Someone had left their dogs poo right by the gate leaving the site too - my sister picked it up rather than us all walking in it - lazy buggers there really no need - wouldn’t mind but there is a bin right there!

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year

Like the one up by the gate - I very much doubt it was a Funsters as we all know how important it is to pick up after our little fiends (sorry meant friends) and do so. Just annoying that some people don’t care and give dogs a bad name.

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
It's all been said already, but just a note to add our thanks to all concerned with making this a great meet.

So sorry to hear about your Pa Debs & cruel luck that it should coincide with the meet you had put so much work into. I could tell you that it rained all weekend & how we were all wet & miserable & that you were well out of it, but I don't suppose you would believe me. I hope we get a chance to catch up before too long.

Just to say we got the keys and are ready to settle down for the night in the van on our drive. All feels a bit odd at the mo sure we shall settle in as the furniture arrives.

Welcome to our part of the world. :)(y) You did well to discover that spot - we do try to keep the delights of this area a well kept secret. :giggle:

I'll PM you later with contact details for Paul, who organises the concerts in the village hall at the top of your road.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back