LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
As others have said cross London train fares always include the tube.
When we go to London now we always use the buses free with a bus pass and you see a lot more & with bus lanes everywhere its not that slow.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
One thing you might not be expecting is, as you make your way through the Underground you have to choose between Northern Line Northbound and Southbound. platforms. Obviously Waterloo to Euston is Northbound, but it helps to get it clear in your mind so you don't have to think about it.

Sep 19, 2016
romford
Funster No
MH
rollerteam 259p
Exp
owned vw in 90's just purchased rollerteam
Opposite to what many people believe, Londoners are very friendly, if unsure just ask somebody, it can be a little daunting if your not used to it, just take your time. I fell asleep on the Circle Line once not sure how long I had been asleep for but at least it's just going round in circles, dont forget mind the gap.

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Opposite to what many people believe, Londoners are very friendly, if unsure just ask somebody,
Newspaper sellers at tube station exits are very helpful although I did ask one for directions to an address, explaining that I didn't know the area...........: "You need to carry on up this road, turn right where the the post office used to be, then.........."

Wabs

Free Member
May 30, 2020
Dartford
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E572
Exp
Always learning.
I would save yourself the worry and hassle and get a black cab, it will get you door to door,, enjoy your trip. (y)

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
You can walk to Euston station from Euston Square, it’s well signposted and takes five minutes. Tube fares just touch your debit card on the yellow readers at the entry and exit point, around £2.30. Easy peasy.
Phil

Nov 3, 2020
Up the Hamble
Funster No
MH
Ace Siena
Exp
Since 2019
Hi Tanya and Mick Thats interesting my ticket is from Eastleigh to LB so thats great if it includes the underground.
Thanks for that.
Best Wishes Tony
If your ticket includes the underground, it should say something like "includes zone 1 travel" on it somewhere. Transport for London is independent of the mainline rail network and the way our stupidly fragmented privatised rail companies work it's unlikely that the underground will have been included automatically.

As it is (and as others have said), it is a pretty straightforward trip from Waterloo to Euston via the Northern Line - heading north - just take your time and don't let all the sad commuters rushing around make you think you've got to move at their pace. Oh, and remember to stand on the right if you're using the escalators - unless you are walking up/down them.

I would recommend Tube Map: London Underground (off line) - highest rated on Android Play Store.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Wow - you must be a speedy walker! Even the conservative google says 46 mins walking. :ROFLMAO:
Didn't look at Google just an estimation and that did not allow for sightseeing or stopping on Waterloo Bridge to enjoy view Used to do Paddingdon to Victoria dragging suitcase and carrying all my works gear in 15 minutes could I do it now................................ no chance. :rofl:

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Hi There
Gaston aires ; Not sure how fast you walk but just done a distance check from Waterloo station to Euston Station and as the crow flies it's just slightly under 2 miles; with that in mind and you saying it takes 5 minutes; you must walk 24 miles an hour; I might have my sums a bit out but it's certainly further and faster than I want to walk in the time available.
But many thanks anyway.
Best Wishes Tony
5 mins was the estimate from Euston Square underground to Euston Main Line station. It’s not far, look back at my post earlier with the map.
One thing to factor in is your second train departure time which you have not given us. The other is, how much will you be carrying - a suitcase full so that you can stop over in new MH on way back ?

Tanya_and_Mick

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 12, 2015
Quesada, Spain
Funster No
MH
Globecar 640DK
Exp
If your ticket includes the underground, it should say something like "includes zone 1 travel" on it somewhere. Transport for London is independent of the mainline rail network and the way our stupidly fragmented privatised rail companies work it's unlikely that the underground will have been included automatically.

As it is (and as others have said), it is a pretty straightforward trip from Waterloo to Euston via the Northern Line - heading north - just take your time and don't let all the sad commuters rushing around make you think you've got to move at their pace. Oh, and remember to stand on the right if you're using the escalators - unless you are walking up/down them.

I would recommend Tube Map: London Underground (off line) - highest rated on Android Play Store.
Tony to further add

A point to point ticket which involves a cross London transfer has a symbol of a cross to identify eligibility of underground use…

For Tickets which define the zone (Zone U1 etc) - you are entitled to travel in are for journeys to London terminal stations plus underground travel be that a one time journey or multiple journeys.

I hope that helps mate…

OP
OP
Brakers

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
Hi Everyone below is three pics of my tickets perhaps they can shed some light on the undreground inclusive payment if there is one.
Tick 2.jpg
Tick 3.jpg
Tick1.jpg

Tanya_and_Mick

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 12, 2015
Quesada, Spain
Funster No
MH
Globecar 640DK
Exp

Wabs

Free Member
May 30, 2020
Dartford
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E572
Exp
Always learning.
Sorry, no help here, I avoid the trains like the plague,(y)

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
We are all tripping over ourselves to help you Tony - we expect rewards tomorrow in terms of updates and photos while you are on your journey :ROFLMAO: ;) And of course of the new MH.
Good luck

OP
OP
Brakers

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
We are all tripping over ourselves to help you Tony - we expect rewards tomorrow in terms of updates and photos while you are on your journey :ROFLMAO: ;) And of course of the new MH.
Good luck
And belive me it's realy appreciated; It's given me a bit more confidence and belayed my fears.
Best Wishes Tony

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Didn't look at Google just an estimation and that did not allow for sightseeing or stopping on Waterloo Bridge to enjoy view Used to do Paddingdon to Victoria dragging suitcase and carrying all my works gear in 15 minutes could I do it now................................ no chance. :rofl:

Nowadays I would book a personal bodyguard and wear a kevlar vest too. :whistle2:

[Having lived and worked in London for 12 years including commuting on the Northern Line - would never go back.]

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Its London , they speak English if your stuck ask they don't bite.
1627209925222.png

I travelled to Peterborough to collect mine Jumped on train in my village got to Cardiff was sent to wrong platform (1) sat looking at the train for 15 minutes parked on the new platform '0' heard the announcement that it was about to depart argh run quick as I had used a split ticket site to reduce costs made it with the driver laughing his socks off . It was not the first time it happened. Then had what I though was a long wait at Birmingham new Street but the time I had used the ladies picked up lunch on the on station Tesco and got to the platform it was a nice break. Enjoy the journey, I took with me a small backpack with toothbrush and small wash kit , clean undies and socks and one of those very small lightweight towels. Don't carry too much. Yes I did overnight in the van on the way home

Enjoy the first of many adventures

OP
OP
Brakers

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
[Having lived and worked in London for 12 years including commuting on the Northern Line - would never go back.]
SpeedyDux ;I must admit; I’m with you on that one; My original ticket took me to Clapham Junction and then onto Leighton Buzzard via Kensington Olympia; but due to disruptions and nothing running to Leighton Buzzard and Milton Keynes from the 26th I had to change tickets; hence I ended up going through to London as advised.
Best Wishes Tony

OP
OP
Brakers

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
Hi Everyone although it's a few days since I returned I thought I would give you the lowdown of the journey.
After all your sound advice I finally made it to Leighton Buzzard and picked the MH up pics of jorney below; very few selfies as I don't like damaging my mobile phone.

First Stop just 7 miles from home Winchester
Pic1.jpg

On route from Winchester to London Waterloo; with some disgusting person putting their bare feet up on the seats.

Pic2.jpg
Pic3.jpg

Arrived at Waterloo Don’t know what happened to that pic!!! sorry.

Transferring from Waterloo to Euston via Underground
Pic4.jpg
Pic5.jpg

Arriving at Euston station
Pic6.jpg

Waiting for the Milton Keynes train platform 11

Pic7.jpg

And finally Pic of MH at last at home.

pic8.jpg

Many Many Thanks to all who helped me in this thread; you are all a star.
Best Wishes Tony

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Not many on that escalator, never seen an underground that quiet!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back