LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Any one bought one of the above would like to hear your thoughts good or bad before we purchase one.
In the motorbike section you will see I posted a fairly complete review.
I did not like it much to start with but as the days have gone by I am enjoying it more and more...
Sadly though, it just will not do the job I bought it for, riding to Italy in a few weeks time..
Why ? All down to tank range. Traversing Germany on a Sunday with a tank range of maybe 110 miles ( safely, without praying to the almighty there is a garage round the next bend ) just does not cut it

To that end I am putting my 3 week old MP3 500 LC Sport ABS up for sale already..... So if your looking, it is iron grey, has a back box and heated grips. RRP is £8995 without the extras.. I am looking for £7300

Last edited:

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
Sadly though, it just will not do the job I bought it for, riding to Italy in a few weeks time..
Why ? All down to tank range. Traversing Germany on a Sunday with a tank range of maybe 110 miles ( safely, without praying to the almighty there is a garage round the next bend ) just does not cut it

That’s me fooked on my 999 then! Oh no, wait a minute, I’ve already been all over Europe and all over Scotland on it with its 110 mile tank range. ?

Ya big wimp! ?

Ian

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
That’s me fooked on my 999 then! Oh no, wait a minute, I’ve already been all over Europe and all over Scotland on it with its 110 mile tank range. ?

Ya big wimp! ?

Ian
Have you dome the A8 / A7 on a Sunday !!! A lot of the fuel stops go to card only on a Sunday.. and there are some which are fussy about the card !
Just cannot take the chance mate
The only thing I could do would be stop and refill every time I got to a garage... Garage time eats in to riding time, is unfair on others I ride with, and given the time constraints ( got to be at X point by such and such time etc etc ) it is just too much hassle..
Gone are my 1000 mile a day rides, but even on the way home last August we ended up batting 750 miles out on the last day ( thought the train was booked a day later than it was... Did not find until we was about to leave Tignes up in the alps ! )
Rode from there straight home............. 750 miles

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
Rode from there straight home............. 750 miles

Best I’ve done is a 600 mile day on the Ducati - was bloody shattered when I got home.

Ian

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Best I’ve done is a 600 mile day on the Ducati - was bloody shattered when I got home.

Ian
Done Garda in one hit on a GS and a Blackbird a couple of times. The preferred route is about 950 miles
One year I took Woman there in the Smart car.. In a day .. she still whines om about it !

But I must be fair.. In the early 80's did long distance dispatch riding.. average annual mileage was 110,000 miles .. on a couple of CX500s and of all things a 250 kwak thing, so I did sort of develop a concrete blck where my bum should be :)
Oh, and did Thetford to Aberdeen and back home once some years later,clocked up 1012 miles exactly.............. On a YZF 750R SP ( and that was a fill up every 80 miles jobby,, the bike was full BSB spec same as Jamie Whithams one the time..) I was on the road for 22 hours :blush:

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
Respect!
I did 450 miles in Spain once it nearly killed me, it was 40 degrees and I had leathers on normally keep to about 350 a day for comfort. Well did, these days with my little Enfield I just go to the shops :)

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Have just posted a reply with photos in the wrong thread. To save me reposting it all have a look here:

Broken Link Removed

GPW

Free Member
Feb 23, 2019
Cambridge UK
Funster No
MH
Globescout Plus
Exp
Slight to minor!
I must admit a 200-240 mile range on my SYM 300 is massively useful, it allows a 180 mile tour and then 20 miles to find some fuel.
My other little scooter has a 120 mile range and it really does make for more stops.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back