Photos on my iPad how to save? (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
Seem to have loads of photos on my iPad mini. Which is the best way to save them?
Can I use one of those memory stick things and if so how do I load them?

Colyboy

EyUp

Free Member
Jul 3, 2016
Yorkshireman living in Surrey
Funster No
MH
Majestic 180
Exp
You could save them on photobucket or dropbox ( and probably many others )

A little trick I do. Make a new 'images' tab in your email provider and email images to yourself. When they arrive drag the email to 'images'

Dont forget to name the batch in subject as you will be able to search for them later.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
One of the cloud services.

There's nothing wrong with Apple's own iCloud photo sharing apart from the free storage space is a little low.

Google Drive is also good and give you 15gb.

Dropbox integrates fully with Apple products and you can have multiple free accounts if you need them.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I ordered three of these yesterday for delivery today. It's seems like a perfect solution.
Amazon product ASIN B01DW2LV1O

It's a solution, not sure it's a perfect one. I wouldn't trust any physical device, flash drive or hard drive, as my only means of back up. If it fails, and they do occasionally, there's not a lot you can do about it and your data will be gone.

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
It's a solution, not sure it's a perfect one. I wouldn't trust any physical device, flash drive or hard drive, as my only means of back up. If it fails, and they do occasionally, there's not a lot you can do about it and your data will be gone.
I was at my Dads yesterday he has loads of photos (of grand baby) on his iPad which he emails to himself and then transfers to his laptop (but it was taking time and I keep having to explain to him how to do it) but he needed a quick solution and he said couldn't he just have something that plugged into the iPad and then he could plug in the laptop. I didn't know these even existed until yesterday but at that price I thought it's worth a shot. Mike suggested a cloud but seriously Dad would not cope with it!

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
One of the cloud services.

There's nothing wrong with Apple's own iCloud photo sharing apart from the free storage space is a little low.

Google Drive is also good and give you 15gb.

Dropbox integrates fully with Apple products and you can have multiple free accounts if you need them.
Agree , I have my photos in three different clouds, havnt got loads of photos but I have google drive, iCloud and the windows one , don't know what it's called, I only have them because different devices I have had at different times all came with their cloud and I just went along with them, now if I take a photo with one it's automatically on the others, apart from that I also have a Sony camera that works on wifi, so uploading from that to either device ends up with them on them all(n) fantastic what happens now a days , also I might add this is all free(y)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I was at my Dads yesterday he has loads of photos (of grand baby) on his iPad which he emails to himself and then transfers to his laptop (but it was taking time and I keep having to explain to him how to do it) but he needed a quick solution and he said couldn't he just have something that plugged into the iPad and then he could plug in the laptop. I didn't know these even existed until yesterday but at that price I thought it's worth a shot. Mike suggested a cloud but seriously Dad would not cope with it!
Once a cloud is set up , it does it all itself .

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
There are quite a few file manager apps, you can then connect to your network or just another PC and transfer them. Trying to load photos on Google drive or Dropbox takes forever especially if you are traveling with slow connections
We value our photos so boss loads them from camera to crapPad for viewing and I also load them onto my laptop and we copy them to our server when we get home.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
If you have iTunes on a computer just set it up and then when the iPad is plugged into the computer via the apple lead it will automatically sink the photos on the iPad back to the host computer.

The latest iPhones and Mac books are a doddle as they have "airdrop" so you just select the photos on the iPhone and then as long as they are both on the same WiFi network you select the other device and they all hop over 200 photos in less than a minute.

Martin

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User

There's nothing wrong with flash drives, everyone uses them. All I really meant was that it would be advisable to have back ups elsewhere rather than relying 100% on just the flash drive.

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I go through iTunes too but I do like to print them off too. You can't beat looking through an album.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back