Phone roaming and Brexit (1 Viewer)

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
I think that Brexit may mean we cannot benefit from phone roaming in Europe. Am I correct?
upload_2017-6-11_19-55-59.jpeg

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Lynne has just took out a new sim contract with vodafone and she can use all of her data abroad I can only use 50% of my data abroad with EE

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I don't think that Brexit will have much effect - after all roaming isn't just restricted to mainland Europe but USA, Australia etc which '3' allows you to use your UK allowance as they are within their 'Feel at Home' countries.

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
I don't think that Brexit will have much effect - after all roaming isn't just restricted to mainland Europe but USA, Australia etc which '3' allows you to use your UK allowance as they are within their 'Feel at Home' countries.
Just got an email from 3 the other day this is what they said MG (contract sim been with them for 15yrs)
To ensure all our customers can benefit from Feel At Home in Europe with roaming at no extra cost, we reserve the right to apply a surcharge in case of abusive use.

In order to help us to detect possible abuse of Feel At Home in Europe, we may monitor your usage and presence. We’ll look at the balance of your roaming and domestic (UK) activity over 120 days: if you spend a majority of your time abroad and consume more abroad than at home over the 120 days, we have the right to add a small surcharge to your usage. This surcharge will be capped at a maximum of 0.73p/MB; 3p/min; and 0.9p/SMS. Don’t worry – we’ll send you an alert 2 weeks before the surcharge is applied, giving you an opportunity to modify your roaming behaviour to avoid this surcharge.

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
Our roaming will be ok in Turkey & north America.
So cant see it having an efect

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Just got an email from 3 the other day this is what they said MG (contract sim been with them for 15yrs)
To ensure all our customers can benefit from Feel At Home in Europe with roaming at no extra cost, we reserve the right to apply a surcharge in case of abusive use.

In order to help us to detect possible abuse of Feel At Home in Europe, we may monitor your usage and presence. We’ll look at the balance of your roaming and domestic (UK) activity over 120 days: if you spend a majority of your time abroad and consume more abroad than at home over the 120 days, we have the right to add a small surcharge to your usage. This surcharge will be capped at a maximum of 0.73p/MB; 3p/min; and 0.9p/SMS. Don’t worry – we’ll send you an alert 2 weeks before the surcharge is applied, giving you an opportunity to modify your roaming behaviour to avoid this surcharge.
I appreciate that ... I actually posted the full email on another thread a day or so ago, but Brexit itself doesn't appear as if it will have any effect at all as the 3 FAH roaming coverage isn't limited to EU countries anyway.

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
No
I think that Brexit may mean we cannot benefit from phone roaming in Europe. Am I correct?View attachment 168003
You are not, at least as far as Vodafone are concerned. They have said they have no intention of reintroducing roaming charges after brexit as it would not make commercial sense I read it in the parapets this morning although i cannot remember which one or was now. The latest Vodafone packages all include roaming, for example my package is £22 a month and I get unlimited calls and texts with 20 Gb of data, no restrictions on the EU and no throttling of speeds, also tethering is allowed. I don't hold May brief for them I just did a little research before joining and have not experienced problems people reported over the last couple of years. Actually for me it's been faultless. Good. Ustomdr service and great signal, 4g throughout France, Belgium, Netherlands and now in the middle of nowhere in Germany.

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Agree with @DBK nobody knows! In 2 years when we (possibly) leave the EU, the providers in the UK are under no compulsion not to levy the charge. Whether they do or not really rather depends on market factors, rather than legislation.
Don't forget though, even if they do return to levying the charge, there are ways around it. I have been using international sims in our MiFi and WiFi calling from our phones for years, thus I have never paid roaming charges.

Reactions: DBK

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back