Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
Hi there,

I expect that this questions has been asked before.

If my vehicle is reclassified as an PHGV is it liable to the tachograph rules etc?,

I have checked the VOSA, DIRECT GOV and M.O.T sites but have not ben able to see a definitive answer.

As far as I can tell, a PHGV is not liable to Tacho or Driver time rules.

Regards

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
No, as a PHGV motorhome, you do not have to use a tachograph or obey the driving time limits. Whether it is sensible to do so is, of course, another matter.

Philip

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
tachograph, driver hours and electronic speed limiter exempt.......for the moment....things can change :Sad:

rediculous really....you can drive a 40ft 12ton motorhome on a LGV licence but you dont need to abide by the laws for 40ft truck drivers.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
Not only that but you have your OWN set of Speed limits too, which DO NOT conform to the HGV speed limits!

You can drive at 50mph on normal roads, 60mph on dual carriageways and 70mph on motorways (as long as you are not towing, of course!) - 60mph on motorways if you are towing.

Southern Ireland have already insisted that any motorhome over 3½ tons registered in Southern Ireland is now subject to speed limiters and any motorhome over 7½ tons is liable for Tacho. Wonder how long it will be before some 'Jobsworth' tries to bring it in over here. :Angry:

Andy - V8 Diesel

Free Member
Sep 3, 2008
Manchester
Funster No
MH
30ft 5th wheel
If you have a tacho fitted and this is the only speed indicator in the vehicle it still has to be sealed and calibrated.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back