LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Our hob, oven and fridge run ok on gas but when we put the heater on the fan runs but when gas fires up the gas trips. We have a two bottle gaslow system with a Truma regulator!
Could the regulator be on the way out and is not supplying enough for the heater? Thanks

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Sounds like it (the regulator) - assuming there is not a fault in the Truma. Does it work OK if all the other gas consumers are switched off?

OP
OP
Munchie

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Have to say the heater is powerful! Sounds like a jet taking off and warms a freezing large van in 5 minutes from end to end.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Either the regulator filled up the famous goo, or where did you last fill up with gas, if it was across the channel in summer you could have filled with a 50% butane mix, propane is lighter and will get used first. Truma Combi heaters don't like butane it does not vaporise quick enough to supply hardly enough gas pressure in summer no chance in winter.

OP
OP
Munchie

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Yep wondered about that! Filled in Totana Murcia so could be Butane level!
No one else having problem though!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
trauma......have had to very inconvenient failures when travelling..never again! :(

OP
OP
Munchie

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Just tried it again no joy! Temp outside around 15°c so i would think even butane would gas!

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Just tried it again no joy! Temp outside around 15°c so i would think even butane would gas!
I would empty your lowest bottle and refill should be 90 - 100% propane even in France at this time of year, if it works would prove the regulator is OK, or get a bottle top regulator and try that.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Seen lot of reports of Combi's not running on Spanish butane bottles, really need to try another regulator. Might be worth contacting Reprosol to find out gas mix at LPG pumps this time of year.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Our van is on Spanish autogas, truma combi no problem.
We had trouble on our last van, picked some crap gas in Germany, blocked the regulator then refused to gas, so took the bottles off and tipped it away. :rolleyes: :eek: Bob.

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Err no. It fires up then trips the gas!
I misinterpreted the first line of your original post. I thought you meant that the other items were running OK, then when you added the Truma to the load, it tripped out.

Now my understanding of your problem is that the Truma on its own, with no other gas appliances running, will still trip. In that case, I concur with others (and my original post) - I would suspect the regulator. I have a twin 11kg Gaslow system that was fitted to the original Truma Trio-matic regulator. That packed up after a few years and I switched to a Gaslow / Clesse regulator (the one with a 5-year guarantee). All OK since that was fitted about 3 years ago.

If the regulator is a few years old, it's probably worth changing anyway. However, if the heater on its own trips out, then I guess there could be a problem in the unit, rather than the regulator.

May 3, 2008
North Wales
Funster No
MH
A class Carthago Chic I47
Exp
34 years
Had to ditch the Trauma Secumotion system in our Carthago when only three years old because it was oiled-up, now using Gaslow regulator (5 yr guaranteed) no problems.
Although Trauma have now upgraded their system to include a filter which can be replaced quite cheaply if you want to continue to use your heating on while traveling, but to replace the secumotion is very expensive.

See www.gaslow.co.uk :clap:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back