peugot autoquest

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by jph1, Mar 31, 2010.

1. jph1

jph1

Ratings:
    +0
    when using the van radio and cd when parked up does this drain the liesure or the van battery

2. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +38,554
    Van battery. We bought a cheap DAB radio (on eBay from Argos Clearance) which runs off mains or batteries. Doesn't take up much room and very good reception.

Graham

3. johngee

johngee

Ratings:
    +0
    It also automatically switches itself off after 20 minutes. I asked about this before, and I think a search may reveal some further discussion about overcoming this. The suggestion above is one solution, or replace the standard radio/cd with another unit, or fit an additional one in the habitation area.

I think there is also some wiring in the front upper lockers for additional speakers, and a connection needs to be made somewhere in the wardrobe, although I haven't investigated fully as I haven't yet felt like hacking the lockers about to fit speakers.

4. kennygd

kennygd

Ratings:
    +9
    :Smile:I left the cab radio on for thbree days whilst parked in a layby and it drained the engine battery to the point I had to get the RAC out to restart the engine.:thumb:
    kennygd