Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
I have recently noticed rain water dripping from behind the bottom of the dash board above the pedals on our 2014 Peugeot 2.2 Auto Sleeper, Last year I fixed the scuttle as per Techno's post and no water now gets on to the engine or electrics.

Is it possibly coming through the wiper arm gear drive, as that is the only place I can think of, my van as a full breathable cover over windscreen down to the bumper and is parked facing up on our steep drive.

Any helpful suggestions.

John.

OP
OP
Neckender

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
It's not condensation Andy it's bone dry, it's since we've had all this rain, what I will have to do is take the cover off and have a gander under the bonnet

John.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
The wiper mech does not go into the interior of the van, it lives under the scuttle in the engine bay so its very unlikely that a wiper mech wheelbox is causing your water ingress. As its barely more than a year old you should take it to your nearest Peugeot commercial agent for rectification under warranty.

D.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
agree with Dave, get it into Peugeot asap.

before you do.... maybe you should just check under the scuttle to make sure you did not inadvertantly make any holes when you modded the scuttle drains. ( unlikely; but worth a look )

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back