Peugeot reverse judder problem (1 Viewer)

Nov 30, 2008
Funster No
I have got a reverse judder problem with my peugeot boxer autocruise star spirit motorhome. The motorhome is a 2008 model 9000 miles on the clock still got 2 months warranty anyone else had this problem taking it to the dealers next week.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
its a re-badged Fiat....or is fiat a re-badged peugeot :Doh:

Fiat finally acknowledged a problem and did something about it..

dont know if peugeot did the same though.

no sure but i think it involves a reverse gear ratio reduction (reverse was too high) and new engine/gearbox mounts.

mention Fiats awareness and actions to the pug dealer...you never know !

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
phone up peugeot customer service and they will ask you to take to peugeot dealer for test .dealer reports back. then its back in to have it fixed.:thumb:

lots of post here . Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 29, 2009
norwich
Funster No
MH
swift escape 640
Exp
since 2009
08 fiat base. i developed judder after haveing to reverse up a steep hill in france with just 3500 miles on clock, this did clutch in and would not take up smothly in forward or reverse.
top marks to fiat customer services for sorting, my call to them at mid day was delt with with just a few details. i was emailed by 5.30 to be told a full upgrade kit inc clutch,mounts eng/g box. lower revese gear and req parts to upgrade box.allso some coolant pipework[never worked out what that was]. was on the way from sevil direct to nominated dealer.

had the work carried out along with first low mileage service.

result. no judder. smother take up of clutch. no knock on startup[anougher common fault] allso less noise in to cab from engine bay. alltogether a better experiance to drive.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

atakd

Free Member
Nov 15, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since '99
Hi
We also have an '08 Autocruise Starspirit on a Boxer chassis and have had this problem "resolved" by a Peugeot dealer .
When I took the van for service I mentioned the problem and , after 2 days, received confirmation that the issue would be covered by warranty with work valued at around £800.
Whilst reversing is now definitely improved, it is far from perfect; our previous van was a '99 Boxer which felt far smoother when reversing onto chocks.
I would also mention that we had previously had a run in with Peugeot over a failed starter motor after 12 months, which resulted in being offered a free service after we complained to head office, and I got the impression the dealer was a bit wary of us. Our local dealer had initially said that motorhomes weren't covered under warranty because of size, despite Peugeot supplying the base vehicle to the authorised converter with full warranty cover.
Don't be fobbed off by dealers who will say anything to avoid having to carry out warranty work. PM me if you have problems getting this sorted and I will email my correspondence with Peugeot.
Good luck.
Andy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back