Peugeot Passenger Side Wing Mirror with inbuilt Aerial (1 Viewer)

Oct 31, 2012
here there and everywhere
Funster No
MH
Pilote P650
Exp
Since December 2012
Sorry it's a bit long winded, but may be useful for others to know.
Anybody who has a Peugeot based Motorhome, might find this useful. Having had my Passenger side Mirror Unit smashed by a Lorry in Spain about 6 weeks ago, I was unable to source an identical replacement, anywhere. The Mirror in question is a "Medium Arm" Electric Mirror Unit with an inbuilt Aerial in the Mirror Housing, and a heater built in to both Mirrors ( Large & Small Mirror )
I enquired at 2 Main Peugeot Dealers, searched the Internet high and Low, sent an e-mail to Elddis, and got no reply, ( I know they have just been taken over by Hymer ) and was informed by Peugeot , and others that due to low demand,that the manufacturer has ceased to make the "Medium Arm Mirrors" with an inbuilt Aerial, although "Long Arm Mirrors" ( about 2" longer in the top Arm ) are readily available anywhere.
I could not believe this!!!! My Motorhome is only 2010 Reg. So, I ordered Medium Arm replacement, which does not come with an inbuilt Aerial, fitted it to my M/H, and carefully removed the Aerial from the broken Mirror Unit, and fiited it inside the plastic inner Door cover, behind the Speaker. It all works as before. Just thought I would pass this on, in case someone else has the misfortune to have their Mirror damaged in a similar way.

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
We have the Fiat cab which we believe uses the same mirror and lost our passenger side mirror in a similar incident, although ours is the long arm there are lots of short arm mirrors to be found on ebay.

eBay item number:

This should assist anyone in finding one on ebay.

They are really easy to fit.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back