Apr 22, 2013
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 625
Exp
Since 2011
Can anyone help
My 2013 Bailey is on a Peugeot boxer chassis, while away on our last trip the key fob suddenly stopped working. Originally I thought it may be the battery, but the sudden nature suggested to me that it not that.
Looking on line that are many descriptions to resync the key to vehicle, all concerning cars with many different key fobs.
My key fob is a three button jobbie, the button nearest the key unlocks the cab doors, the middle one locks everything, while the third button away from the key unlocks the habitation door.
Thanks

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
Sounds exactly the same as our key fob, never had any problems with ours yet but if i were you i would contact Peugeot

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Mines the same fob. Have had trouble with the central locking on numerous occasions but not the fault of the actual fob. Would agree that contacting a Peugeot dealer is probably the safest option, especially if you have a spare - all will need to be synct.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Can anyone help
My 2013 Bailey is on a Peugeot boxer chassis, while away on our last trip the key fob suddenly stopped working. Originally I thought it may be the battery, but the sudden nature suggested to me that it not that.
Looking on line that are many descriptions to resync the key to vehicle, all concerning cars with many different key fobs.
My key fob is a three button jobbie, the button nearest the key unlocks the cab doors, the middle one locks everything, while the third button away from the key unlocks the habitation door.
Thanks
A very old thread I realise but was there anything that worked?

OP
OP
SomeoneElse
Apr 22, 2013
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 625
Exp
Since 2011
Wow, that was a long time ago but hey I'm still here. All i can remember Ingwe Is that I had to press the remote against the passenger's door window to get the remote to work. The Peugeot garage replaced the battery in the remote and resynced it to no effect. Then then ordered a new remote from Peugeot under warranty.

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Damn! Tried everything. Battery reading 3.23 volts. Put key in ignition, turned on. Held locking button on dash for 10 seconds, turned key to off and removed and waited 10 seconds. Nothing. Tried 5 times.
Also, opened driver's door with key. Closed door, then put key in ignition, turned it to on, then pressed lock button 10 seconds then removed key, waited 10 seconds then tried nothing. Tried this with several times with both the lock and unlock buttons but no joy. Central locking does work if you push the dash buttons and red leds light up. But no joy with the fob.
May buy a new battery in any event and see if anything changes. Also tried turning engine on as if on a run and tried it but, as they say in France, rien. Or in Yorkshire, nowt, or in my native SA-f**k all!
About to give up unless any new inspiration arrives. ?

Kirsten

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2015
Stratford on Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2010
Try pressing the unlock button on the key fob BEFORE you put it in ignition- keep it held down when key is in ignition and switched on for 5-10 seconds. That worked on my car- small difference but worth a try xx

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Thanks, Kirsten. This didn't work either I'm afraid. Really appreciate the suggestion!

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Strangely enough I had problems locking our Swift last night, looks like the same fob. Initially the dash-mounted buttons wouldn't work (yes all doors closed) so I tried the key fob. That wouldn't do anything either although I did get a red flashing light on the dash lock button - it's usually steady red until it goes out. Tried it all again several times to no avail so sat back to think for a minute or two. I had a new battery fitted a couple of years ago so didn't think it was that.

So I tried again. Tada - everything working normally. I've no idea why, can only think the system had to wait for a few seconds to set/reset itself.

And no, there are no electrical installations nearby that could have affected the fob signal.

Dec 10, 2018
Exmouth
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
We parked in the aire next to the sports stadium at Antequera in Southern Spain a few years ago and our Fiat key fob didn't work. It still didn't work after buying and inserting new batteries. Later our Spanish neighbours on the aire said that this was a problem on this aire. We operated the locks manually during our stay and when we moved on to our next stop the key fob worked normally. We stayed at Antequera again last year and exactly the same thing happened.

Attachments

• IMG_8438.JPG
    IMG_8438.JPG
    234.3 KB · Views: 14
Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Si!

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Might need BSi reset .

Found this worth a try.

Put the driver's window down, lift the bonnet and ensure all equipment is switched off.

Ensure all doors are closed and remove key from the ignition.

Wait for 3 minutes, disconnect the vehicle battery and wait 15 seconds.

Reconnect the vehicle battery, wait a further 10 seconds (do not open doors.).

Switch on the side lights through the driver's window.

Switch on the ignition and check system's functionality.

Hold lock button on key down for 10 seconds.

Remove key open & close door test central locking system.

Start the engine and complete the system's check.

Failure to follow this procedure could result in incorrect operation of many BSI related items.

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Will give it a try and report back. Currently shopping. After all, tried standing on one leg, trouser rolled up, at midnight, singing “viva Espanya” near a dead oak tree, filled with skunk water! All failed. ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back