Free Member
Apr 15, 2015
Wellington Somerset
Funster No
MH
panel van conversion
Exp
new
Please help if you can. We have a new Boxer panel van conversion hitting the road at 3140 weight. With our loading it'll be nearer to the 3.5 tonnes of course. What tyre pressures should we be looking at? Thanks in anticipation.

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
Suggest you have your van weighed front and rear axles. Then contact the tyre makers and they will give you the CORRECT pressures.

colyboy

Reactions: DBK
Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
I'm running at the 3.5 ton capacity so using the ones indicated on the door pillar but without going out to look I cannot remember but something like 60 front and 65 rear.

Mike

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
The comment above about contacting the tyre manufacturer hits the problem on the head. There seems to be a huge difference between the pressures recommended by different companies. Michelin might say 80 psi but Continental might say 50! I am sure each is correct but only for their tyre. This is why the door pillar figures are only a rough guide, as it does not take into account the make of tyre.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Ignore the pressures on the door pillars they won't be correct. As Colyboy says the ONLY way to find out the correct pressures is to contact the tyre makers, giving them the details of the tyres and ideally actual axle weights but if not use the plated ones. They will then tell you the correct pressures for those specific tyres at those weights.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Oh No........ are we back on to the 'knock yer teeth out threads'? ;)

(Mine are 55 front and 60 rear...........comfy (y))

sid1234

Free Member
Jun 3, 2014
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie
what ever pressure you decide on if the centre of the tyre is wearing faster than both outside edges of the tyre you're pressure is to high if both the outside edges are wearing faster than the centre you're pressure is to low.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back