Peugeot Boxer Outstanding Recall (1 Viewer)

The Welsh Wizard

Free Member
Jul 24, 2018
South Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2016
Today I had my motorehome MOT'd for the first time and when I got home I went into the Gov.uk website to place a reminder for an annual MOT email. I noticed at the bottom of the site that there is an OUTSTANDING RECALL FOUND which was issued on 9th Feb 2021 and to contact a Peugeot dealership to arrange for repairs. Apparently it can take up to 3 weeks for the manufacturer to update their records.
Does any one know what this relates to as I have tried, for over an hour, to contact a number of Dealerships in my area without success and neither can I get in touch with Peugeot UK. There is no point in trying to contact the Dealership where I purchased the Motorhome as they are closed and are about as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike!!

Any help would be appreciated. I guess that there may be others out there who might also be affected

Bluemanc100

Free Member
Aug 13, 2019
Hawarden near Chester
Funster No
MH
Elddis Majestic 155
Exp
MH Novice (but a seasoned veteran driver)
The only Peugeot recall that I’m aware of (required for our ‘66 plate) was for the rerouting of “pipes”.. They did ours on the same day as the first MOT in 2019

Jul 11, 2020
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessoro T486
Exp
Since August 2020
Today I had my motorehome MOT'd for the first time and when I got home I went into the Gov.uk website to place a reminder for an annual MOT email. I noticed at the bottom of the site that there is an OUTSTANDING RECALL FOUND which was issued on 9th Feb 2021 and to contact a Peugeot dealership to arrange for repairs. Apparently it can take up to 3 weeks for the manufacturer to update their records.
Does any one know what this relates to as I have tried, for over an hour, to contact a number of Dealerships in my area without success and neither can I get in touch with Peugeot UK. There is no point in trying to contact the Dealership where I purchased the Motorhome as they are closed and are about as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike!!

Any help would be appreciated. I guess that there may be others out there who might also be affected
See https://www.vehicle-recall.co.uk/make/PEUGEOT/BOXER - last one Oct 2020

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 17, 2017
Herefordshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
A Bit
Funnily enough having rung around a number of Peugeot garages to get a service for my 4 year old Peugeot Boxer based Bailey Autograph I had a quote from a local non Peugeot Garage (they did the MOT for me a while ago) and they did mention that when they checked the records there was an outstanding Safety recall on it and it was something to do with the Brake Pipes unfortunately they did say that it would have to go through a Peugeot dealer in order to get it done free

Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
Probably the same recall as Ducato. Took ours down last week He didn’t even take his bag off his back.
The guy had just arrived same time as me popped the bonnet looked at bulkhead behind engine all ok mileage and reg and off we went. 2 minutes job.
They are looking to see if brake pipes are still in the pipeclips and not popped out on bulkhead clips
You can see yourself and pop them back in

OP
OP
T

The Welsh Wizard

Free Member
Jul 24, 2018
South Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2016
Probably the same recall as Ducato. Took ours down last week He didn’t even take his bag off his back.
The guy had just arrived same time as me popped the bonnet looked at bulkhead behind engine all ok mileage and reg and off we went. 2 minutes job.
They are looking to see if brake pipes are still in the pipeclips and not popped out on bulkhead clips
You can see yourself and pop them back in
So how do you do this? What am I looking for? Not being mechanically minded is it something that I could do quite easily?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
So how do you do this? What am I looking for? Not being mechanically minded is it something that I could do quite easily?
Yes. Nothing mechanical. Just push pipe in clip if it has come out.

If you open the bonnet you are looking to the left of centre as you look at the van. There is a gap between back of engine and bodywork the pipes should be clipped to the bodywork.
He didn't say what they would have done if mine were out. I assume they would just push them back and if they didn't hold change the pipeclip.

You can get your hand down the back ok

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back