Peugeot Boxer oil service, maybe.... (1 Viewer)

ymfb

Free Member
Jun 16, 2017
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham
Exp
Since 2009
We bought out AutoSleepers Kingham last July and because of work (mainly) it’s not been used as much as we hoped, so I was surprised when the oil service light came on a couple of weeks ago after 1300 miles !

Today whilst waiting for Marquis to replace the faulty reversing camera I started to try and organise an oil service. I was disappointed to learn Salisbury no longer has a Peugeot dealer. The next nearest is in Devizes, they are very keen to help.

I explained the story, it’s actually a campervan, we have changed the reg and it’s only done 1350 miles.....

They phoned back this afternoon, with the news some Boxer engines have this known problem where they say they need an oil service, when they don’t !

They need it for a day so they look at it, contact Peugeot and decide what to do. Grrr

It is frustrating to say the least that we have had so many issues, all resolvable but it means yet another day wasted. Marquis have had it three times and fixed everything we have asked for, now Peugeot need it for another. We never had an issue with the VW California, perhaps we should have waited for the VW Crafter based campervan.

Rant over, pub time

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Peugeot oil service lights come on at various times according to how they are set , either time or miles and should be set at the last service but hardly ever are, but if you look in the manual it tells you how to switch it off.
It's nothing to do with what is happing in the engine but whatever time or miles it was set to go off at the last service.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
We bought out AutoSleepers Kingham last July and because of work (mainly) it’s not been used as much as we hoped, so I was surprised when the oil service light came on a couple of weeks ago after 1300 miles !

Today whilst waiting for Marquis to replace the faulty reversing camera I started to try and organise an oil service. I was disappointed to learn Salisbury no longer has a Peugeot dealer. The next nearest is in Devizes, they are very keen to help.

I explained the story, it’s actually a campervan, we have changed the reg and it’s only done 1350 miles.....

They phoned back this afternoon, with the news some Boxer engines have this known problem where they say they need an oil service, when they don’t !

They need it for a day so they look at it, contact Peugeot and decide what to do. Grrr

It is frustrating to say the least that we have had so many issues, all resolvable but it means yet another day wasted. Marquis have had it three times and fixed everything we have asked for, now Peugeot need it for another. We never had an issue with the VW California, perhaps we should have waited for the VW Crafter based campervan.

Rant over, pub time
I know this is older than yours but you get the general idea
http://resetservicelight.com/reset-service-light-indicator-peugeot-boxer-van/

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

gradyp

Free Member
Aug 18, 2011
Widnes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Supreme 155
Exp
Press Brake Fully , Press Accelerator Fully

Turn key all the way but do not start the engine

Wait like this for 10/15 secs

Turn key back and remove

Release brake and accelerator

Turn key back and the oil warning should be gone

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Modern diesel engines oil service lights co.e on if DPF regeneration has happened and the software decides the oil may be diluted. Don't just reset it, it's not just based on mileage or time.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back