Peugeot boxer mirrors changed. (1 Viewer)

Megatrucker

Free Member
Aug 11, 2016
suffolk
Funster No
MH
-
Exp
Swapped the mirrors on my Peugeot based Autoquest 115 from long arm to short arm.

I can still see down the sides of the van and it makes it much narrower.

Much easier doing the NC500 last week.

JFD

Apr 9, 2015
Crawley Down, West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote Aventura G730
Exp
since 2014!
Sounds a great idea! I assume that you still have the same two part mirrors as with the long arms, so you will have plenty of coverage to see overtakers, using the lower parts.

I have to confess that our long mirrors caused us no issues when we 'did' long parts of the NC500 last year!

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
I did the same on our Bolero on the drivers side after an incident with a tractor, no problems until sold, would do so again.

Melvin

Free Member
Jan 22, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
On & off since 1974
Swapped the mirrors on my Peugeot based Autoquest 115 from long arm to short arm.

I can still see down the sides of the van and it makes it much narrower.

Much easier doing the NC500 last week.

This is something I've thought about as I agree they do stick out much to far. I think the manufactorers try to make these vans too much like cars to drive rather than a small comercial and they don't fall into either camp very well. There seems to be short ,med and long available ,did you use the short or med ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Megatrucker

Megatrucker

Free Member
Aug 11, 2016
suffolk
Funster No
MH
-
Exp
This is something I've thought about as I agree they do stick out much to far. I think the manufactorers try to make these vans too much like cars to drive rather than a small comercial and they don't fall into either camp very well. There seems to be short ,med and long available ,did you use the short or med ?

I used short not med. Bought from wingmirrorman.
I had bought cheaper from ebay but sent them back as they sent ones for a lhd van,there is a difference.
Oh and they were very poor quality.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I have to confess that our long mirrors caused us no issues when we 'did' long parts of the NC500 last year!
Me too as there's no room for two vehicles to pass simultaneously no matter what, one has to use a lay-by

Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
Just swapped my long arm mirrors for medium arm. Not really noticed much difference in visibility but now feel i won't knock the heads off pedestrians!

Oct 31, 2012
here there and everywhere
Funster No
MH
Pilote P650
Exp
Since December 2012
Just swapped my long arm mirrors for medium arm. Not really noticed much difference in visibility but now feel i won't knock the heads off pedestrians!
Did the original Long arm Mirror on the Passenger side of your van have the Radio Aerial built in? If so, how did you manage to re-connect the Radio Aerial, as the Medium arm Mirror does not have the Aerial built in? I could not source a Medium arm Mirror Replacement for my Peugeot Boxer MH with a built in Aerial any where, and had to wedge my Aerial between the door and inner plastic, just above the speaker.

OP
OP
Megatrucker

Megatrucker

Free Member
Aug 11, 2016
suffolk
Funster No
MH
-
Exp
Did the original Long arm Mirror on the Passenger side of your van have the Radio Aerial built in? If so, how did you manage to re-connect the Radio Aerial, as the Medium arm Mirror does not have the Aerial built in? I could not source a Medium arm Mirror Replacement for my Peugeot Boxer MH with a built in Aerial any where, and had to wedge my Aerial between the door and inner plastic, just above the speaker.
They don't make them with the aerial in the small or medium. I took the aerial out of the long arm mirror and did the same as you (laid it inside the door plastics). The aerial is and has always been rubbish. I will be looking to replace it with a fixed one on the near side wing when I find out what one I need.

Jun 23, 2011
Pedreguer, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2011
I´ve often thought about changing the mirrors for shorter ones, but decided that the cost is prohibitive. Next time one of mine gets trashed I´ll probably bite the bullet and change them both.

Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
The long arm passenger mirror I took off did not have an aerial in it. This was on a 2015 Burstner so presumably they've put it somewhere else! The medium arm mirror I replaced it with did have an aerial built in. It was an original Fiat one from a 2013 motorhome. No problem with aftermarket quality issues that way. I just left the unused cables coiled up.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back