Peugeot boxer fan switch (1 Viewer)

brian55

Free Member
Feb 27, 2018
Funster No
Hi All.
I have a Peugeot boxer Auto cruise Star fire 2005 2.2 hdi which I love and we have had for 10 yrs. (330 lx swb 2178cc hdi) .
Quiet recently I had the water pump and oh cam belt replaced at a local garage as we are at 50,000 miles second belt and I have noticed the fan coming on when it never used to before when the temperature gauge is normal at 9 0clock it should not and I have checked the water levels ok fan in cab gives out heat no air locks, it only switches the fan on occasionally and not all the time.
I am going to replace the fan switch which I got at a car parts shop it has three connections on it I can not see a switch unit on the main large water radiator anywhere.
There is a second smaller radiator next to the main radiator behind the off side head lamp at the bottom of this radiator there is two wires going to something underneath purple and a black wires?
Is this a switch unit for the fan and can I prove this first by first grounding one of these wires to ground and see if the fan unit starts these switches have twin switch output I think at different temperatures.
This vehicle has had aircon added as an extra by a previous owner not sure if this is the reason there is a second radiator or is it a condenser?
I wish I could get a Haynes manual for a Peugeot boxer.
Any advice helpful thanks.
Brian.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back