Peugeot Boxer Engine Service. (1 Viewer)

Gloombusters

Free Member
Jun 28, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessacarr 454
Exp
30+ years
I have a Peugeot Boxer based Elddis motorhome that's due its first two year service.
I live in Billingshurst West Sussex and am seeking a recommendation from any Funsters that know of a reliable and trustworthy dealership somewhere within the county that has the premises to service a motorhome. (Sorry guys I used to be in the motor trade and still have a mistrust of dealers). I accept things may have changed perhaps and I'm being a bit unfair!
My real problem is that the warranty states it must be a Peugeot Agent and when I contact Peugeot agents they say they don't deal with motorhomes - seems very strange to me.
As a point of interest, a fellow Motorhomer told me the other day that he had been shown a legal document indicating that main dealers can't in law dictate as to whether you use a main dealer or not to maintain your warranty. Apparently, any qualified garage can undertake the work within the service schedule . Anyone heard of this or experienced a problem with a warranty claim as a result?
I contacted a commercial Peugeot dealer the other day who stated that he would need the vehicle for two days as the weather may be unreliable and they would be working on the vehicle outside! Not exactly what you would expect for £350!
So, any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Paul and Kate

LIFE MEMBER
May 1, 2016
Stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2015
We've been told by our mh dealer that any qualified mechanic can do the engine service as long as they use genuine parts and provide receipts for said parts and can stamp the book
Hope this helps

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Some main agents may not have access high enough to get Moho's in or ramps strong enough to lift them (they like vans empty to service). As has been said any qualified mechanic using genuine parts can do the job without losing service history.

Petest

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
New convert
How about a garage that does hgv mot's?

I use one that does servicing, body repairs and mot's (think the heavier class vehicles are class 7).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 16, 2014
Ammanford
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
since May 2014
You. Have been told correctly about the servicing. There was an EU resolution some. Years back which stated that it was unfair competition for any manufacturer to restrict servicing to their own dealers.

I recently Had a service by a fiat main dealer in Swansea who confirmed the well known problem with the dashboard lights. Unfortunately they could not get the parts under warranty but gave me the details of a Peugeot dealer In west Wales who carried out the work for me with no problem.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I can highly recommend Lancing Commercials about 20 miles from you. Light service about £110, full service about £240.

OP
OP
Gloombusters

Gloombusters

Free Member
Jun 28, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessacarr 454
Exp
30+ years
Thanks for that Lenny. I'll have a look at that.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
I had my Boxer based Autosleeper serviced at Peugeot in Canterbury at 14000 miles. The cost was astronomical, it cost me around £400 for basically an oil change and visual inspection, I was assured the brake fluid was changed too. ( I got £100 off the service cost because I had a voucher from them)
Best get to a good independent who will do a good job and charge you a real life price. I would never use a main dealer again for anything.

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
I was quoted £440 for first service, independent garage serviced our Peugeot based van for £120 and stamped the book.

John.

Aug 19, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2015
We had our Peugeot 3 year service and MOT done at Worthing Yeoman Peugeots main dealer - £398.
They did the service but took the motor home to Lancing commercial.
Great service as they brought me home after I dropped it and picked me up from home and took me back there when finished to collect it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back