Peugeot Boxer changing to a front bench seat (1 Viewer)

Rusica

Free Member
May 4, 2021
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer
I’m going to purchase a Peugeot Boxer Autosleeper Motorhome. It has two front seats and I’m wondering if it’s possible to change and add a bench/double front passenger seat to safely accommodate two children? The rear has lap belts but I’m not happy that they are secure enough. Thanks

Jaysee

Free Member
May 12, 2021
Glastonbury, UK
Funster No
MH
Boxer Van
Exp
Overlanding since 1962
I’m going to purchase a Peugeot Boxer Autosleeper Motorhome. It has two front seats and I’m wondering if it’s possible to change and add a bench/double front passenger seat to safely accommodate two children? The rear has lap belts but I’m not happy that they are secure enough. Thanks
I am just starting a conversion and have a Boxer double front passenger seat to go. Where are you?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
It does mean you wont be able to use the cab doors to access the habitation area without a squeeze. Don't underestimate how in convenient that is.

Upvote 0

naked chippie

Free Member
May 30, 2021
Funster No
MH
Peugeot boxer
I have a bench seat with 2 small seats attached to the back facing back I want to swap for a single, hopefully swivel seat. Do you still need a bench or are you sorted now?

Regards, Rob

Upvote 0

naked chippie

Free Member
May 30, 2021
Funster No
MH
Peugeot boxer
I have a bench seat with 2 small seats attached to the back facing back I want to swap for a single, hopefully swivel seat. Do you still need a bench or are you sorted now?

Regards, Rob

Upvote 0

Grummyb

Free Member
Dec 31, 2020
Corby
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since about 2013
It does mean you wont be able to use the cab doors to access the habitation area without a squeeze. Don't underestimate how in convenient that is.
A lot less inconvenient than having children in seats with lap belts

Upvote 0

naked chippie

Free Member
May 30, 2021
Funster No
MH
Peugeot boxer
It's why I want a single seat instead of the bench 2 sweater I have at the moment. For that reason you just pointed out so I can get in the back from the cab. With the bench it's not just a squeeze, it's almost impossible with the headrests in place.
Regards, Rob

Upvote 0

naked chippie

Free Member
May 30, 2021
Funster No
MH
Peugeot boxer
Just realized you weren't replying to me were you?
Doh

Upvote 0

Eggs

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Suffolk
Funster No
It's why I want a single seat instead of the bench 2 sweater I have at the moment. For that reason you just pointed out so I can get in the back from the cab. With the bench it's not just a squeeze, it's almost impossible with the headrests in place.
Regards, Rob
Unless you are very lucky the only way to get a single passenger seat is to grit your teeth and pay top money for one. Everyone who converts commercial vans is looking for a single.

Upvote 0
Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Rusica beforegoing doen that line take both your kids car seats and try them out in a van which already has a double front seat. will be surprised if you get thm to fit.

Upvote 0

68c

Oct 22, 2019
Southampton
Funster No
MH
2001 Pilote 270
Exp
Since 2004
I put a double seat into our '98 Boxer so our boy could ride up front with us. Made up some quarter inch steel plates to move seat closer to the door so had a gap to get into the hab area. Had to remove the large padded arm rest from the door and fitted a strap to pull the door closed.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back