LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
Being solo, my front passenger seat doesn't get used while travelling, but I have used it a few times to watch TV from, as an alternative to the sofa.

Once I've rotated it, I slide it back a little on its runners then recline the seat back for added comfort.

I did this when I arrived on site yesterday, which is probably only the third or fourth occasion of adjusting the seat and the bar that you lift to allow the seat to slide backwards and forwards, came off in my hand and the seat is stuck.

Poor advert for Peugeot when something that should be good for the life of the vehicle, fails in the first three weeks of very light use :mad:

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
One can only assume it was not manufactured correctly, rather than wearing out. Hopefully your warranty will sort it out but it is rather disconcerting in a new van.

OP
OP
Kingham

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
I had a similar thought, as both my previous vans had similar seat set ups and I had no problems at all with them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
Eeeek! My van on a Peugeot base is the same vintage as yours i.e. just a few weeks old. We haven't rotated the front seats yet, although we were planning to do so when we watch TV. I'm a bit nervous to try now. Hope you get it fixed soon.

OP
OP
Kingham

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
I'm not sure at the moment whether this is part of the original spec of the Boxer, or if Auto-Sleeper change the slider when they fit their rotating base ?

Jun 21, 2008
Haxey, Doncaster, UK
Funster No
MH
Eldiss CV80
Exp
Since 2005
I had a peugeot years ago and had the exact same problem the sliding part of the seat is original Peugoet the seat is bolted to the swivel base supplied by the converter on invesigation I found by looking under the seat that the bar that is used to move the seat back and forth is only push fit between the 2 sides of the seat frame the bar being u shaped needs to be squeezed inwards and then slid forward at the same time this then makes it a very tight fit between the sides of the seat frame its not easy to do but it can be done because I did it hope this helps

John

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
  1. I had exactly the same on our last van 2014 A/S Broadway, this was on our first outing down to Benidorm. I fixed it exactly the same as @Dixie but you need good eyesight and a very bright torch and be a contortionist.

John.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back