Free Member
Sep 16, 2020
Exeter
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
My mum - many years
I believe this is the first time my mum has taken her camper to the garage for an MOT and as they don't have enough head room for the MOT they "outsourced" it to another garage they sometimes use.

The news wasn't good as apparently one of her bumpers is made of plastic and polystyrene with a metal bar passing through it and it should be solid metal.

There was a mention of cardboard somewhere along the line but I can't quite remember where that was exactly.

Her camper van is a Peugeot Boxer 270, diesel 1.9 and she's unsure whether she has a turbo - I'd say she does as it's not as sluggish as vans I've driven when the turbo has died when I've been out. Anyway, I digress.

It's a T-reg so I'm thinking 1999?

She's slow starting to calm down from the panic and fear of hearing this news but another relative has helped her relax a little by saying it shouldn't be solid metal and I'm leaning to side with that remark myself. I would have thought something like a solid metal bumper wmodelould be found on an off-road 4x4 vehicle, not a road use camper van?

Now she's worried about the fact that she's got a broken bumper where the garage opened it up to show her - I'm thinking they might not exactly be clued up on this and should probably look at a different profession instead like window cleaning perhaps?

If anyone can help shed any light on this please my mum would be very grateful. As she's a natural born worrier, this is driving her absolutely nuts!

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
There are a few MOT testers that are members on here. One may be on-line soon

But it does seem strange that they damaged/opened the bumper up to show her. :cautious:

Upvote 0
Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Is it a known marque? Surely if it is other than a commercial, original van, there should be a known body builder to contact. Even if the makers are no longer trading, there will be an owners club who can help you.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back