Peugeot Boxer 2014 Headlight Bulb Replacement (1 Viewer)

Gloombusters

Free Member
Jun 28, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessacarr 454
Exp
30+ years
I have just purchased some new uprated bulbs for our Boxer motorhome and thought they would be fairly straightforward to replace. My problem is accessing the bulbs on the offside of the vehicle. The handbook says just reach behind the unit - not really possible!
It looks to me that you have to move the coolant bottle and power steering reservoir to get your hand to the rear of the unit. I've checked online and there really isn't much info that's relevant to my particular model and year. Once I've reached the bulbs I'm ok from there as I have a Peugeot car with the same bulbs and that part is easy. Any of you Funsters know how to access them please? Thanks

Feb 15, 2014
cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacar E450
Exp
3 years
not sure if 2014 is different to 2007, but its just about possible on mine,if not I would remove headlight unit its fairly easy 2 screws for top trim and 1 in bottom trim then you can access the bolts holding the unit in,be careful with the bottom trim it needs gently easing out of the clips

OP
OP
Gloombusters

Gloombusters

Free Member
Jun 28, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessacarr 454
Exp
30+ years
Thanks Chatteris, yes I undid those trim screws this morning as I thought I might have to remove the unit. I must admit to losing my nerve when pulling on the bottom trim. It's plastic and was flexing and I wasn't sure how it was being held. Perhaps I'll have another go (when it stops raining!)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I would wait until it gets warmer, less chance of the plastic breaking. I'm sure you're not in that much of a hurry to dazzle other drivers are you? :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back