Peugeot Boxer 2012 - Will I need radio code after disconnecting/reconnecting battery (1 Viewer)

Jezlar

Free Member
Jan 20, 2017
Exeter
Funster No
MH
Marquis Majestic 180
Exp
Hi Funsters,

First post here, so please be gentle! :D

I'm just about to begin the process of fitting a CTA swivel to the passenger seat of my second-hand 2012 Peugeot Boxer-based Marquis Majestic (a.k.a. Autoquest) 180.

I've read that it's a good idea to disconnect the vehicle battery to avoid any problems with the seat belt tensioner (doesn't look like there is any airbag in the seat). Before I do this, can anyone please confirm whether the in-built Peugeot CD/Radio is likely to require a code when the battery is reconnected?

No mention of codes in my Peugeot manual and no sign of any code card in any of the paperwork I've inherited, but ideally I'd rather not be stuck without a working radio.

Thanks in advance!

Jezlar

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
I fitted mine a few years ago without disconnecting the battery, however you should have a card with the radio code on it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jezlar

Jezlar

Free Member
Jan 20, 2017
Exeter
Funster No
MH
Marquis Majestic 180
Exp
Thanks Mikeco. That's good to know.

I'll try it with just the ignition off and see how I get on. Having successfully removed the back of the seat to make it easier to lift the base, I'm keen to make use of the first dry day for quite a while down here in "sunny Devon".

I'll double check for a key code when I get back from the yard.

Cheers

Jezlar

The Nomad

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
Wandering in Europe
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Many years
The workaround that I've used often is to use an old battery and some wires to connect it to the cable connections to your vehicle battery first, so that when you disconnect your engine battery there's still a 12volt supply to the vehicle. That way you don't lose any vehicle /radio settings.
Obviously don't let the live connection come into contact with any metal part of the vehicle.

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Thanks Mikeco. That's good to know.

I'll try it with just the ignition off and see how I get on. Having successfully removed the back of the seat to make it easier to lift the base, I'm keen to make use of the first dry day for quite a while down here in "sunny Devon".

I'll double check for a key code when I get back from the yard.

Cheers

Jezlar
You only need to remove the seat not the base itself.,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jezlar

Jezlar

Free Member
Jan 20, 2017
Exeter
Funster No
MH
Marquis Majestic 180
Exp
The workaround that I've used often is to use an old battery and some wires to connect it to the cable connections to your vehicle battery first, so that when you disconnect your engine battery there's still a 12volt supply to the vehicle. That way you don't lose any vehicle /radio settings.
Obviously don't let the live connection come into contact with any metal part of the vehicle.

Thanks Nomad - good tip. I'll try to remember that for future reference.

Regards

Jezlar

OP
OP
Jezlar

Jezlar

Free Member
Jan 20, 2017
Exeter
Funster No
MH
Marquis Majestic 180
Exp
You only need to remove the seat not the base itself.,

Thanks. Poor choice of words in my reply. I probably should have said seat bottom (squab?) rather than base.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back