Peugeot 2017 vehicle battery problem (1 Viewer)

Stonemags76

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2011
Derbyshire Dales
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Warwick Duo
Exp
Full Time 2011-2013, now part timers!
I’ve posted in the beginners section, because when it comes to the electrics I am! The van has been laid up on the drive for months (as has everyone’s), & the tracker company rang to say the vehicle battery must be flat! They were right - the key wouldn’t work, & we struggled to get in because of how we parked it! Managed to get the hook up cable on, & that charged the hab battery, but not the vehicle battery. Managed to get in, & the control panel says vehicle battery is 2.4v! We have put the vehicle battery on charge, but it may or may not recover! The van is an Autosleepers Warwick Duo, & has a Sergeant Smart Charger with a solar panel. The alarm & tracker may have depleted the battery, but why has the smart charger not kept it going? Why has the EHU not charged it back up since? The battery is original, & may need replacing. Anyone know what size would be best to get please?

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
its either your system doesnt charge both batteries or theres some thing not set to both im not familiar with what you have but im sure some one else will have the similar system might be better to start another thread with the name of your van or electrical system in the title

Upvote 0

Campervan_man

Free Member
Jun 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus
Exp
Lift the large plastic floor panel by the front cab passengers seat / feet area.
Just buy an identical battery to what is fitted, there will be an identification label on your existing battery { Note that the + and - terminals are in the same place.}
Maybe your breakdown service will change it over for you.
Tanya batteries on ebay offer a fast, competitive delivery service for batteries.
Under your bonnet are 2 points to connect jump leads to or a battery jump pack.
Re- charging. Some control panels you chose which battery to charge either the leisure or the engine.
A roof top solar panel can be fitted eg, 100W with a 10A solar charge dual charge controller that will charge both your batteries on sunny days.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Stonemags76

Stonemags76

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2011
Derbyshire Dales
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Warwick Duo
Exp
Full Time 2011-2013, now part timers!
Thanks for the replies! We’ve decided the old battery is cooked, so have replaced it (HWMBO had just bought a new one for his Land Rover, so it has slightly more oomph than the original). We will try starting etc another day, as the heavens have opened! We will leave the van on hook up over winter from now on! We are usually away in it, so it never sits for long, so we are not used to this lay up lark! Gets no sun at all on our front drive, so not surprised it’s dead really! 😬

Upvote 0

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
When my cab battery needed replacing, I noticed there there were 2 options that could be fitted

Mine had the smaller of the 2 options fitted, after checking that the converter hadn't used the space that the larger battery would take up, that's what I installed - bought a Yuasa one

My van gets used to take me & my toys to Austria for a month of snowboarding and once there stays parked up in a hotel car park (normally covered in snow) so I preferred to fit a bigger battery - just in case
(not that it's happening this season 🙁)

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back