Petrol Stations Jumping The Gun? (1 Viewer)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
this is at the bottom of our garden but i need barrels...quick !:roflmto:

SHOOTING_OILWELL.jpg

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Bp station £1.289 petrol

The B P station on the road between Tunbridge Wells to Crowborough to day was £1.289 for petrol!

Half a mile further towards Crowborough the Texico was £1.249 and half mile further on the main A22 the Morrisons was £1.229 ... In Tunbridge Wells it was £1.209...

Rip off.

Bob:Angry:

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
They always do that, so they don't get the flack! Really annoys me. I noticed LPG has shot up too - 17p a litre more than last week! Getting to a point where it will be cheaper to run on petrol!

Talking to a caravan site manger where they use LPG about three days ago bulk LPG was in very short supply, something due to feezing up at the refinery they said.

After reading an article I think in MMM from about 3 years ago that reinforced something said to me about ten or more years ago after an engine fault, I always now use Shell or one of the other major suppliers due to the addatives they put in (apparently less engine/injector pump problems).

We are fortunate in our son living near Preston. There is a Shell on the A49 at Euxton, 1 minute from the M6, and the diesel is the same or very close to the supermarket prices (useful to know if you are travelling on the M6 (jcnt 28 Leyland and goe south on A49) and need a tankful, its about 8p per litre cheaper than Charnock Richard M6 Services which is also Shell).

As for worrying about the rise affecting future MH use, we shall certainly have to plan journies moreso than we did. Having changed from a caravan last year, I would have had the same issue with towing the caravan, so no change for me in that respect.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back