Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
OK lets go back, back in time,

IMG_1016.jpg

De Dion Bouton feature quite heavily in the development of the early motor car, this one is steam driven but they then went on to develop petrol internal combustion engines and it is said that without De Dion Bouton engines many early cars would never have existed as they were built by "coach builders" who then bough in engines from De Dion Bouton.

IMG_1017.jpg

Still on the De Dion Bouton theme,

IMG_1018.jpg

IMG_1019.jpg

IMG_1020.jpg

I of course know the name De Dion Bouton from my childhood:LOL: no I'm not the old cheeky buggers, when we were children we each had our own mug, very posh I know, they all had cars on but mine was a De Dion Bouton and I thought it sounded very sophisticated(y)

Martin

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
And while we are on oldies, actually not that old but important and very rare, a Toyoda AA not Toyota but Toyoda.

Worth a read
Broken Link Removed

IMG_0984.jpg

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Thank you for posting, great photos, just told Eddie, right up his street.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Thank you for posting, great photos, just told Eddie, right up his street.
OK Carol, here are some more for Eddie(y)

IMG_1046.jpg

1952 Pegaso Z-102 "cupola" only two ever built and only 1 surviving, this one;) not sure if I love it or hate it but a statement car either way.

Or what about this, a bit basic but two seats,

IMG_1038.jpg

Briggs & Stratton, basically a "go-cart" with a motor on the back the suspension is the flex in the wooden floor pan and the brakes are block inside the mudguards straight onto the back wheels, to start it you lifted the 5th drive wheel off the ground and then dropped it down when you wanted to go.

And while we are on "quirky"

IMG_1039.jpg

50cc Suzuki only now seat so you would only get one in the MH garage and then get the Mrs to follow on her push bike, actually she might be faster:LOL:

IMG_1040.jpg

Martin

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Crickey that's a lot of cars Martin how long did it take you to get round it all ,Bills saying we may be visiting there
Kate

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Crickey that's a lot of cars Martin how long did it take you to get round it all ,Bills saying we may be visiting there
Kate
Hi Kate

I think we were in about 4 hours, could easily have spent longer but we were getting information overload and bored female alerts, need to go back and do it again as there are loads of information boards to read with each exhibit.

Martin

Margaritaman

Free Member
Oct 27, 2013
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile C Class
Exp
since 2008
A rather lovely Austin, and then the rest are self explanatory,

View attachment 186776

View attachment 186780

Martin
I'll have the Austin, if it's not already been claimed. My wife wants a pale yellow convertible.

My dad used to run a Humber (Pullman) long wheelbase like Churchill's above for weddings. As a kid my Saturday job was to brush out all the confetti by hand. It used to get everywhere!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back