Petrol gauge has life of it's own!!!! (1 Viewer)

LAMBKINZ

Free Member
Jul 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Hi Top A/S
Exp
Begginer
Just purchased our very first camper van "Talbot Harmony A/S" H reg and we've had a couple of short journeys to get used to it. The petrol gauge has a life of it's own and can sit on empty for a couple of miles when it is 1/2 full. We have a 6mth warranty and have had it looked at but they say it is the age of the vehicle - is this right? Also I've had the windscreen re-sealed as it leaked. Can someone tell me if I should just accept these little oddities because of it's age? I don't what to be a fastidious whinger - I just want to relax and enjoy!:Blush:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
age is no excuse for things not working.

sounds like an intermittent electrical fault to me.....possible the sender unit wiring connection on the tank itself is dirty and a simple cleanup may fix it.

Upvote 0
May 16, 2010
North Hykeham
Funster No
MH
Custom
Exp
much more now
They are clearly just trying to get away with doing nothing.....take it back and tell them to fix it...I assume you bought it from a dealer::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
If they have warranted it they should fix it (so what's age got to do with it?)

If they intended not to put things right they should have sold it "as seen" with a warranty you paid more I bet.

Upvote 0

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
If its on a Fiat, the fuel tank should be on the near side in front of the passenger seat and you can get at the sender unit there.

Should be easy enough to fix but if you have a warranty, get your dealer to fix it.

Peter

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back