Petition - Seek to rejoin the EU pet passport scheme (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Zoobec

Zoobec

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer PVC
Exp
Oh Please! its not about brexit or who has the *jab* its about being able to take your pet abroad without having to pay through the nose for a vet to sign a bit of paper that you had before with the pet passport scheme! Or to put it another way imagine your Doctor had to sign a 27 page document to say that you were fit to travel to Europe but had to be wormed and checked over by an EU vet before allowed back into the EU, if on your passport it said that if you had picked up an STI then no entry to the UK! Ibiza would go bust! It just neds a common sense approach and not a testosterone headbutting contest!
exactly this (y)

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Signed both. Agree that the success of either is questionable, but if you don’t try you don’t get!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ItsEmily

Banned
Jan 2, 2021
Funster No
MH
A class
Since leaving the EU, has anything positive come from it yet?
I suppose the best bit about Brexit is watching all the inward looking Dickheads get so upset and whine about it. Would you believe years down the line some of these no nothing self righteous tw@ts are still making snide remarks about it.

Steve101uk

Free Member
Jun 6, 2012
EUROPEAN UNION
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740 C
Exp
since 2007 caravan before that
Nov 22, 2018
South East but not London
Funster No
MH
Rimor Europeo 87
Exp
Five years plus three tugging
Since leaving the EU, has anything positive come from it yet?
Entirely depends on your perspective, doesn't it?!

I think that it is unlikely that many of those who wished to remain in the EU recognise any positives, while many of those who voted to leave, will find plenty of positives for them.

I am perfectly content with the decision, although it took too long to be enacted. Nothing that has happened (or not happened) so far has surprised me. This Pet Passport is just another example of something that needs to be re-instated, and if the demand is there, and, the European tourism industry realises that it is keeping their campsites, Gites and hotels less than full, then they will likely force the issue.

So although a petition is a good idea, the people who must be encouraged to force the issue with their law makers are the Europeans who make their living from the UK tourist.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Brexit has caused a lot of issues here in N.I. but one of the benefits of the protocol is that we are the only part of the UK to retain pet passports.
Can you tell me how this works please, I have an Irish passport but live in U.K. and have the U.K. pet passport, is this valid with an Irish passport?

Nov 22, 2018
Funster No
MH
Rimor Europeo 87
Exp
EU membership in or out made no difference

Sorry but you need to get your news and facts from more than one source. Yours is pro remain and will not therefore tell the whole story.

Although the header is correct in that the UK (or any current member state) would have had the legal right, this is not representative of the real situation. The EU made it perfectly clear that they were managing it centrally so that every member state would receive vaccination doses pro rata with their populations.

It is described very deliberately in the EU vaccination policy and in particular the press statement commentary that went out with it. Check the two pillars for delivery. The message is clear, very clear. We are a union and we will move at the same speed for all. Problem was, that speed was very slow. The threat was pretty unveiled too. Do it our way and you'll get vaccines. Go it alone and you are really alone.

Took two months for Germany and Hungary to realise that the EU strategy was rubbish and so they both went off message and bought their own.

Facts are facts, but you have to understand them as well. The best source is the EU websites themselves. They are, usually, honest about their failures.

Apr 20, 2020
Northern Ireland.
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC.
Exp
Since 2017
Can you tell me how this works please, I have an Irish passport but live in U.K. and have the U.K. pet passport, is this valid with an Irish passport?
Pet passports issued by a vet in N.I are still valid. The vet has to amend the old passport and puts a new sticker over the front cover. Unfortunately this only applies to pet passports issued by N.I. vets.

Nov 22, 2018
Funster No
MH
Rimor Europeo 87
Exp
Be interesting to hear what they are.
I don't want to hijack this thread for this old chestnut, so this is my last post on this thread. I have two that for me are utterly priceless; worth more than billions of tons of fish or freight challenges at Dover.

1. All laws are made in the UK, by people that we elected.
2. The supreme law in the UK is the UK Supreme Court.

That for me is genuine freedom and democracy.

That's just my opinion and know many people care more about pets, Erasmus, driving licences etc. For me, nothing trumps the above.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Yeah the vaccine roll out for one💉
That response needs better research. Membership or not would have had no effect on our vaccine roll-out (which has now been overtaken by a number of EU countries anyway).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back