Petition - Seek to rejoin the EU pet passport scheme (1 Viewer)

Zoobec

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer PVC
Exp
I saw this and thought I’d post it on here.
1628058994716.jpeg

Feb 17, 2012
merseyside
Funster No
MH
Murvi Pimento
Exp
Since 2015
Signed. I think it’s under discussion anyway but at least this way we will actually get an update

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Zoobec

Zoobec

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer PVC
Exp
Signed. I think it’s under discussion anyway but at least this way we will actually get an update
True!

OP
OP
Zoobec

Zoobec

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer PVC
Exp
Surely to rejoin we must meet all of their other rules and rejoin the club, can't see this having a hope in hell.
Maybe so, but it’s worth trying, imo.

Apr 24, 2012
Worcester
Funster No
MH
RMB Concorde
Exp
Since 2010
There’s an Early Day Motion tabled seeking early agreement re vet and phytosanitary rules with EU. My understanding is that this would reinstate pet passports as well as solve NI issues
well short of the Swiss Style agreement.
might not happen ofcourse because of US chicken

Apr 20, 2020
Northern Ireland.
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC.
Exp
Since 2017
There’s an Early Day Motion tabled seeking early agreement re vet and phytosanitary rules with EU. My understanding is that this would reinstate pet passports as well as solve NI issues
Brexit has caused a lot of issues here in N.I. but one of the benefits of the protocol is that we are the only part of the UK to retain pet passports.

Mar 11, 2013
Gillingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
If the EU pet passport is no longer an indication of health and wellbeing in one direction why do we except it from countries with rabies when we no longer are obliged to?

JemDog

Free Member
May 26, 2019
Funster No
MH
in process of buying
Exp
Yeah the vaccine roll out for one💉
Vaccines bought while we were EU members; roll out down to NHS and local gp’s, very little govt. involvement hence their early success. Most EU countries now at same level or have overtaken us. Everything UK has done with vaccines could have been done while in the EU.
I’ll sign, but as stated, not much chance of success due to hard brexiteers currently at the helm.

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
Oh Please! its not about brexit or who has the *jab* its about being able to take your pet abroad without having to pay through the nose for a vet to sign a bit of paper that you had before with the pet passport scheme! Or to put it another way imagine your Doctor had to sign a 27 page document to say that you were fit to travel to Europe but had to be wormed and checked over by an EU vet before allowed back into the EU, if on your passport it said that if you had picked up an STI then no entry to the UK! Ibiza would go bust! It just neds a common sense approach and not a testosterone headbutting contest!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back