Petition - Save Baltic Wharf CC Site (1 Viewer)

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Posted on the other mhf.

Hi everyone
Bristol City Council decided behind closed doors to close Baltic Wharf campsite and use the land for a school.
The local traders didn't know anything about it until the decision had been made.
Know they now the traders who rely on tourism are extremely angry, particularly Bristol Ferries (who have a ferry stop there) and SS. Britannia both of whom say that say they rely on the campsite for their 'bread and butter' during the winter. A point that been totally disregarded by the council.
They only need 3600 signatures on their petition to force the council to have an open meeting about it.
It has enabled Bristol Ferries too keep running during the winter and therefore keep their employees on.
Its a great campsite and will be a great loss to camping if it is allowed to close
So please can you sign the petition below and send on to other forums etc you belong to.
Thanks.
Steph

This is an email from Lou Phillips of Bristol Ferries who has been arranging the petition. (please post on here if it isn't working so I can tell her).

Lou Phillips
19:34 (15 hours ago)

to me
It is working!!
http://epetitions.bristol.gov.uk/epetition_core/view/Campsite

Please sign and share!
Me and Matt have an interview with BBC RADIO Bristol early tomorrow morning so the more support we can get the better,

Fingers crossed!

Lou x

Jan 25, 2013
Dorchester, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Sad former owner
Exp
Since 1991
Baltic Wharf CC site

Done, but I fear a done deal anyway. I hope it works as it is a wonderful asset to Bristol - my grandsons loved it there!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Done - good luck Matt and Lou.

That's the trouble with someone who continually wears red trousers. He won't be happy until everywhere has double yellow lines, pay to park outside your house and everywhere is shut down.

Regards,

Trikeman. :winky:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Unfortunately I doubt if a petition will have any effect at all on the council. Going by what I've seen regarding petitions with 10x that number of signatures, they hold no weight whatsoever when it comes to planning matters. :Sad:

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Signed. Stayed there while our son was at Uni in Bristol. Will be a shame to see it go. Hope the petition works.

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Have they proposed an alternative site? They are killing tourism if not!
I too fear that it is a done deal,councils re trying to maximise assetts but at the cost of facilities apart from the nefarious activities of councillors and senior officers!

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Done. Good luck

You never know it might work. Our local council changed their minds about closing the towns market hall following public pressure.

steviebouy

Free Member
Jun 18, 2011
Pucklechurch, Bristol BS16 9SE, UK
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since July 2011!
Signed - the OP said 3500 sigs to FORCE an open meeting. I'm sure, along with all the others, this will be a done deal but rather than be debated behind closed doors lets have some publicity and public interest.
This petition was signed by 350 people at 8:00 this morning, I'm sure we can do better than this!
Cheers
Steve

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
Why haven't the Caravan Club highlighted this issue?

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
All done, thanks for asking and good luck with this one.......Griff :thumb:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I have just done it.

After about 18 attempts to get that funny wording right at the end of the petition. I know they do it to stop bots or something but goodness me they are a wind up:Angry:

Sep 30, 2012
Frampton, West Dorset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
We were there a couple of weeks ago and the Wardens are really frustrated about the whole debacle. Caravan Club have known about the issue for ages but have done nothing to find anywhere else. They are at the end of their lease so not sure how this could get overturned.

Signed anyway as you never know!

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
We were there a couple of weeks ago and the Wardens are really frustrated about the whole debacle. Caravan Club have known about the issue for ages but have done nothing to find anywhere else. They are at the end of their lease so not sure how this could get overturned.

Signed anyway as you never know!

So it seems that 'the Club' is looking after its members interests again with a passionate fervor:Angry:!

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
has anyone submitted a freedom of information request to the council see who voted for what and why & then tackle them ?

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Still only 442 sigs ..... you have all done the email thing, to confirm your votes?

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Just added my name to it.