Petition for Aires in UK (1 Viewer)

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
I have just come across this Petition which is attempting to persuade the C&MC to consider providing Aires, I know we have a Funster trying another route and believe any activity that draws attention to the need to changes and demands of Motorhomes in the U.K. must help even if attempts are unsuccessful.

https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petiti...ar-to-the-french-style-of-aire-de-camping-car

I have still not seen any activity by Motorhome manufacturers in getting more facilities for Motorhome usage, surely they have a Manufacturers Association of some sort that could Petition the Government direct with Data showing the Growth of the Industry and it’s contribution the the UK economy.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
An interesting petition and far more constructive than previous ones - the first I've been moved to sign - both in its basis of argument and its target.
It will be interesting to see how well supported it is and what (if any) reaction it receives from the CAMC.

Last edited:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
only problem i can see , will you have to be a member of cmc to use them:(
One would if the CAMC insisted on it - as they do (in theory) with their CLs. They do allow non-member use of their main sites.
They would certainly require payment of some kind, in order to cover their costs. I would guess that if they did allow non-members then the price to them would be higher than to members, as with the main sites at the moment.

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Signed .if the caravan club are involved we have NO chance. It's taken them forever to change there name and that's a tongue in cheek paper exercise. All they think about is feeding the gravy train from leisure. If aires we're introduced they would severe an attorney of revenue. That's NEVER going to happen. Must stay positive though.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Signed but I don't think it will do much good. When they first changed their name I asked my neice (she is C&CM Comunity office or something like that, swans around Europe earning loads of money) . She said we have been asked that loads of times since the name change, I got the impression it's falling on deaf ears.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 17, 2014
Wellington, Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1977
Signed.

But I agree with others that there are too many vested interests keeping the archaic restrictions on sleeping in vehicles thus forcing us to use sites run by big business. Unless of course you are a HGV driver then a blind eye is turned to over-nighting in a lay-by.

When the leisure media and the leisure vehicle industry get behind such a movement it could happen but until then it will be stifled by those 'Clubs' who are making indecent profits from us.

Rod

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Not a chance of any result. The CMC run campsites. Aires would be in direct competition to their main business. And they won't create any of their own as they would have to exclude their most numerous type of member - tuggers. :)

Tanya_and_Mick

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 12, 2015
Quesada, Spain
Funster No
MH
Globecar 640DK
Exp
Not a chance of any result. The CMC run campsites. Aires would be in direct competition to their main business. And they won't create any of their own as they would have to exclude their most numerous type of member - tuggers. :)
Or like many brands that diverse and grow, it could be another string to the bow (such as Virgin, N'Ex, EasyJ, etc.)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Or like many brands that diverse and grow, it could be another string to the bow (such as Virgin, N'Ex, EasyJ, etc.)
I think Mick is thinking along the right lines. Never mind what has gone before, look to the future.
If the petition promoter is right then the model that the CAMC (and others) relies on will change and they will have to respond.
There is no reason why a UK version of "aires" should exclude caravans just because that happens in other countries.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
But they are a club, a club works for the benifit of their members. Unfortunately the C&CM don't appear to understand the basic rules of a club.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back