Peterborough was great, but (1 Viewer)

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Peterborough was great! The weather and our lovely neighbours only added to the efforts put in by Jim and his unstoppable lady supported by the Marshall's etc BUT
At every Show we look around to see if there is something we like better on the 'van front. This has not until now produced anything we really liked and fell into the right price and year bracket, until this show. There were plenty of Hymers but they were, the ones we liked, too dear. Then we saw a van with every extra we could wish for, the price was fine as was the year, mileage and condition when suddenly a new factor kicked in; we could not be bothered with all the effort involved with selling, buying, negotiating, transferring and documenting a new van. So what will we do now at Motorhome Shows?
I suppose we will continue to buy solar powered chickens with nodding heads.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
So glad the van we liked had too small a garage door never did find the solar chickens, did you buy them all?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
It's not just me then? I played step-aerobics in and out of vans until my knees ached! "Oooo, look at the garage on that..... Oh, hang on, look at the climb into bed though".
"Oooo look, that's nice, an island bed; no climbing over each other at 3am"
"Yeah, but look at the length of the bloody van!"
And so it went on.......

• Aw. No microwave
  • Do we really NEED a glass cocktail cupboard?
  • Door's on the 'wrong' side (so couldn't get in to it when parked at home)
  • Whoops, mind that step up into the cab!
  • Whoops, mind your head
  • Nice shower room? "Nah. Tambour door's too flimsy!"
  • "How much"?????
  • "Mmmmm it's ok, but have you seen where the telly bracket is?"
  • "Nah, forget it; it's dark wood"
  • "What about this one?" "Nope, you bang your head when you sit up in bed!"
  • Wife quote; "Don't like the face on that one"

Though we're not ready to change, I've got to the stage where even with compromises, I'm lost as to what to buy should our circ's change. There is, of course no 'ideal van' but many will reply saying that 'we have one' and 'ours is perfect'!

So, as someone else has said, what do I now do at these shows? Search for solar chickens I suppose?

Well someone found what they liked. It cost £147,000 and had a Sold sticker on it (and no, I haven't typed too many noughts!

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
We seem to be getting Fatter or the doors are getting thinner. We found one lady who could not get into a van. But she still sent her husband in to check it out.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
We (I use the royal 'We' here) seem to look at vans from the comfort of our fireside settee in the winter months, and get very close to going to look at some - with different layouts/big garages - luckily before 'we' get too serious Springtime comes, we take our first trip out and 'we' wonder - why did 'we' ever think we wanted a different van? Thank goodness for Spring and the first trip out in the van 'we' love! :h:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back